Alchemy Storage Helper v2.0 by Scruggs

Post about your mods, learn about OpenMW mod compatibility, check for problematic mods, discuss issues, and give us feedback about your experience with modded OpenMW.
SteveOdom

Post by SteveOdom »

http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/1415/?

OpenMW 0.40.0 English
(tested few versions back as well, didn't work either)

Mod List:
BetterGoverningAttributes.esp
Dagoth Ur Fix.esp
TribunalDelay.esp
Graphic Herbalism.esp
llm-hard.esp (Linora's levelling Mod)
bcsounds.esp
Master_index.esp

The Storage helper shows up in the inventory as intended, however, the script making it a (portable) container doesn't seem to work.
Atahualpa

Re: Alchemy Storage Helper v2.0 by Scruggs

Post by Atahualpa »

The mod's Nexus page states that it needs MWSE in order to work properly. Maybe that is the reason for the failing script? Are there any console outputs or does it fail silently? (Will have a look at it later.)
SteveOdom

Post by SteveOdom »

How do I check console output? I'm sorry if i miss the obvious here. i really want to provide you with all the information you need.

Are all mods that need the MWSE automatically incompatible? If so, I'll not waste your time on those anymore. Would love to test out some more mods, but only if it's helpful to the cause.

regards

Steve
Atahualpa

Post by Atahualpa »

At least when playing on Windows, there is a command window running at the same time. OpenMW logs information about the current OpenMW execution there -- you can find the same info in your openmw.log file in your local OpenMW directory.

If a mod makes use of MWSE functions, it is not compatible with OpenMW. We may easily implement most MWSE functions by copying (and, if necessary, adjusting) existing functions. However, this is possibly not what we want for OpenMW because of increased bug-fixing work and code cluttering. Check out the corresponding Wiki page for more information. (Currently, none of the MWSE functions are implemented.)

If you want to help us by testing some mods, please avoid modifications which require MWSE, MCP, or MGE. Apart from that, I'd be glad to see some activity on the mod-testing side of things.
SteveOdom

Post by SteveOdom »

Thanks a lot for the reply. I will be trying some more mods in the future. I did not find the log file you described but I'm using Linux so it might have to do with that.
Atahualpa

Post by Atahualpa »

Have a look at the corresponding Wiki pages: Bug Reporting Guidelines (Logs section) and Paths. There shouldn't be big differences between the operating systems in this regard.