Application: Methelina

Join the team. This area is for people who want to participate in OpenMW's development in one way or another.
Methelina

Application: Methelina

Post by Methelina »

Hello everyone, my name is Linda!
Im Rendering and engine perfomance mage :D Same as big fan of the TeS series.
I want to help with rendering technology and shader stuff for the game. I can help with pipeline optimisation and enchasement. As RnD and VFX Sup i need to work in pair with the coder. May be a little 3D.
I will be glad to join you guys in this way. Hope on the fast feedback - time managment issues :oops:

Can speak English\Russian.

Experience:
Bug Zen. CEO. Generalist

Gaijin Entertainment/Targem Games. Tech-Art director.
Project – CrossOut (MMOFPS).

BitBox Ltd. Game designer, VFX Supervisor. Writer
Project – Life Is Feudal (MMORPG, Sandbox).

Crytek GmbH. 2D-3D Artist. Freelance.
Project – Crysis 2 (FPS)

Lofi games. 3D Artist. VFX Supervisor. Writer
Project – Kenshi (Sandbox squad-based RPG\RTS)

Fenrir Studios. 3d Artist. Shader artist
Project – Dark Storm (Tactical Stealth Action)

Wandering Samurai Studios. 3d-2d artist.
Project – MechWarrior: Living Legends (WarFare MMO FPS)

Westwood 3DHub/Final Warrior Production. 2D-3D Artist. Designer.
Project – The Dune: War of Assasins (FPS\RTS)

Fonline team. 2d art, plot, sound FX, cutscane scenarist and editor.
Project – Fallout Online: Project FOnline (MMORPG).

SoftVrv. 2d-3d Artist. Writer. Game designer.
Project – Dreams Gate (Sandbox, Life Sim).

Grue Games. Game Designer. 2d-3d art. Freelance

...and others :)

Discord: Linda#7591
Web: Bug-Zen
DestinedToDie

Re: Application: Methelina

Post by DestinedToDie »

Quite an impressive resume.

I´m currently working on a demo for OpenMW. It will be a small Morrowind-like game, albeit not Morrowind itself. If you´d like to contribute, you can take a task from here: https://bugs.openmw.org/projects/examplesuite/roadmap

Or if none of the available tasks interests you, you can make a task of your own. The work you upload for the ExampleSuite will be licensed as CC-BY-SA-3.0.

There used to be a Morrowind asset remake project, but that died out viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2349 . If you want to work on Morrowind assets, you could restart the project.

Anyhow I´ve written an extensive guide for getting your files into .nif or .osgt format. It´s nice to keep in handy if you want to set things up for a working pipeline. viewtopic.php?f=33&t=3330
GeorgeTheWarp

Post by GeorgeTheWarp »

While I might have been quite impolite on our first encounter, your work speaks for itself. Next time I'll retain my tongue about the writing of someone. :roll:

That being said, these are the most professional looking and sexy 3D models I've saw in quite a while. And seeing the work, the agenda doesn't really surprise me. So if you truly want to help with the 3D modeling you do, go over to the ES. We're always looking to have more 3D modelers, and it'd be great to have you in our team (that said, I'm probably going to sink some time in OpenTESArena as a learning project, so I might not be a big part of the team).

Welcome in the project!
Methelina

Post by Methelina »

Ok, no problems with that :D And thanx for the good words
My english sometimes sounds very weird...

For now im working on the PBR implementation into OpenMW engine.
And Example Suit.
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

Cool. Out of interest, is the PBR implementation going to be a metalness or a specular one, and is it going to be compatible with the experimental implementation for the original engine? It would be ideal if people didn't have to go authoring two versions of everything if they want support in both engines.
Methelina

Post by Methelina »

Yeah im thinking of it, guys told me today about existence of MGE EX by Alan Noble. He use the albedo/metalness/rougness/cavity.

First off i was stick on specular/gloss pipeline to have less conflict with default assets. But if if we will share content and pipeline of MGE EX, i will need to set his pipeline.

The main topic here