Yo, we got our first IRC Troll

Not about OpenMW? Just about Morrowind in general? Have some random babble? Kindly direct it here.
GeorgeTheWarp

Yo, we got our first IRC Troll

Post by GeorgeTheWarp »

You thought OpenMW was immune to human stupidity and insensitivity toward open source project? Of course not. We had a guy running around asking question about the vanilla engine in the OpenMW channel. While I recommended he plays his first playthrough of Morrowind vanilla, he used this as an argument that OpenMW people should know the vanilla engine and that it was all my fault if he thought he could easily play through MGO with OpenMW. Here's the full conversation:
Spoiler: Show
EDIT: I still don't get how I was not able to ignore the poor guy, TBH. But I am enlightened, from this chat.
rstevenson1976

Re: Yo, we got our first IRC Troll

Post by rstevenson1976 »

he didn't ever quit, I think he eventually just tired himself out
greetasdf

Post by greetasdf »

hilarious, thanks ;-) Looks like someone was practicing trump-style conversation techniques
bahamut

Post by bahamut »

greetasdf wrote:hilarious, thanks ;-) Looks like someone was practicing trump-style conversation techniques
OpenMW - Making Morrowind Great Again
magamo

Post by magamo »

I think he was shut down by this, immediately following the previous piece of the IRC log. I heard nothing from him after this.
greetasdf

Post by greetasdf »

bahamut wrote:
greetasdf wrote:hilarious, thanks ;-) Looks like someone was practicing trump-style conversation techniques
OpenMW - Making Morrowind Great Again
please... no... no more... leave our morrwind worlds/dreams intact! :lol:
ezze

Post by ezze »

Trump has to be fairly clever to actually convince about half of US voters to actually vote him. Otherwise it means a whole nation is a bunch of idiots.

About the topic, I am not American and a I am quite old school, so please bear with me; how do you distinguish between a troll and a good old idiot?
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

In Stalin's era, we called them useful idiots. :) Everyone has a purpose, even those that are wrong.
MikeMXellers

Post by MikeMXellers »

ezze wrote:Trump has to be fairly clever to actually convince about half of US voters to actually vote him. Otherwise it means a whole nation is a bunch of idiots.
I'd say he's a better vote than someone who's entire career has been nothing but using the power given to her by US citizens for personal gain, ideally it would have been Trump vs Sanders either one was a victory, both of them were against the way that corporate interests have their hands firmly up almost all politicians backsides.
lgromanowski
Site Admin

Post by lgromanowski »

Moved it to "Off topic" subforum as this topic is going around politics (it's more suitable there imho).