Great job, OpenMW team!

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
Pap

Great job, OpenMW team!

Post by Pap »

I use OpenMW for quite some time now, and I just want to say, great job guys! This is a great project and, although not finished yet, it just works. I can finally play Morrowind on my Linux 64-bit box, where it works perfectly out-of-the-box (and my Linux distribution is not even one of the "main" popular ones). Not only that, but we get new updates quite often, each one offering even better gameplay. As if all that wasn't enough, we also get OpenMW-CS, which opens a whole new world of possibilities to get my hands dirty and create my own adventure (I have yet to explore this in detail).

All in all, you guys deliver. I am actually surprised this project is not very well-known. I just wish I knew about OpenMW earlier.

Keep up the good work!
Tels

Re: Great job, OpenMW team!

Post by Tels »

Can just sign this!

I'm on Linux 64bit, too, and it's nice to see a modern engine running at full resolution with shaders and AA at top speed :D
aesylwinn

Re: Great job, OpenMW team!

Post by aesylwinn »

It's good to know people are enjoying this project. For me it's quite motivating. :)

Just a word of warning regarding the CS. The warning that shows up at the start is very real. The CS is fine for tinkering around and learning how it works, but I wouldn't use it for anything extensive, especially not until bug#3427 is fixed.