Spell Casting Time

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
PrimordialBronze

Spell Casting Time

Post by PrimordialBronze »

How does one change the spell casting time? My desire is to shorten it to the same as enchanted casting times, thanks. =-] This is my temp fix till y'all implement one..presuming y'all will.
DestinedToDie

Re: Spell Casting Time

Post by DestinedToDie »

You need to edit the base_anim1st and base_anim.nif files to change animation cast time. It´s based on frames. This is more of a mod thing than an engine thing.

I know at least 1 mod exists that modifies the cast animation. However I doubt there are any that reduce cast speed to 1 frame.
Last edited by DestinedToDie on 22 May 2016, 21:29, edited 1 time in total.
PrimordialBronze

Post by PrimordialBronze »

Would you give me instructions to get their? Does this necessitate another program to open it?
DestinedToDie

Post by DestinedToDie »

Uhm... this is kind of complicated unless you know what you´re doing.

First of all, I view these files in Nifskope. When I try to open them in Blender, it crashes. You can possibly open them in 3Ds Max, for which you have to pay for. Or you could just edit them in Nifskope, which is perhaps the most confusing.

Once you figure out a way to open them in an understandable way, check out Blender nif/kf animation in my guide on what animation groups do what. viewtopic.php?f=33&t=3330

After that, edit the corresponding animation to be 1 frame long and don´t forget to change your animation group to match.