Could we have some mod compilations?

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
Okulo

Re: Could we have some mod compilations?

Post by Okulo »

Thing is with mod compilations is that they're mostly used for the graphical side of the game, and right now I don't think we're at the point where we can fully show that off just yet. I'd like a mod pack with stuff like what Lysol is working on, bringing textures to the quality of $currentYear. Along with some nice shaders and maybe even some proper grass rendering, I think modpacks could be a boon for OpenMW... but not at this point in time.
GreyFox

Post by GreyFox »

I am replacing shiny environment maps in my own installation. I could upload changes I made as a "MGSO - openmw fix" mod for example. The things is it takes time till I discover all the fake bump maps since there doesn't seem to be a naming convention for them.
Vyrukas

Post by Vyrukas »

I have a question. .OSG files are able to be used in Morrowind, but I don't really understand how much of an improvement that is over .nif aside from the greater ease of use. From what I'm managed to gleen .OSG currently is only good for static objects, will that change in the future? Will other formats such as .obj or .dae be supported? Different texture formats besides .dds?

I poked around a bit but couldn't find anything about it as a planned or even talked about.
Zobator

Post by Zobator »

GreyFox wrote:I am replacing shiny environment maps in my own installation. I could upload changes I made as a "MGSO - openmw fix" mod for example. The things is it takes time till I discover all the fake bump maps since there doesn't seem to be a naming convention for them.
Care to explain? Does OpenMW handle the enviroment maps differently than vanilla? I've only recently gotten back into modding morrowind after years because of OpenMW getting so close to 1.0. What do you mean with "shiny" enviroment maps and "fake" bump maps?
Chris

Post by Chris »

Zobator wrote:Care to explain? Does OpenMW handle the enviroment maps differently than vanilla?
It actually handles them like vanilla. But many people use one of the options in Morrowind Code Patch to change the behavior of environment maps for bump mapping to work, since the vanilla engine only applies bump mapping to the environment map.
Capostrophic

Post by Capostrophic »

Vyrukas wrote:Different texture formats besides .dds?
Useless information: OpenMW certainly supports targa and bitmap texture formats, though dds is preferred. png and jpg are also supported..? Not sure.
GreyFox

Post by GreyFox »

Chris wrote:
Zobator wrote:Care to explain? Does OpenMW handle the enviroment maps differently than vanilla?
It actually handles them like vanilla. But many people use one of the options in Morrowind Code Patch to change the behavior of environment maps for bump mapping to work, since the vanilla engine only applies bump mapping to the environment map.
Which option where exactly?
DestinedToDie

Post by DestinedToDie »

GreyFox wrote:Which option where exactly?
http://i.imgur.com/axkIoV0.png