Showcase guidelines

Moderator: Example suite forum moderator

DestinedToDie

Showcase guidelines

Post by DestinedToDie » 01 Mar 2016, 21:24

Pick a task you think you can handle from the roadmap: https://bugs.openmw.org/projects/examplesuite/roadmap

Make an account, complete the task and upload it to the issue #. Be sure to mention it here in your post so we know to review it. If your work checks out, psi29a will grant you developer status. If not, you will be asked to fix whatever was unsatisfactory.

MikeMXellers

Re: Showcase guidelines

Post by MikeMXellers » 02 Mar 2016, 05:50

For the potions do you want them to just be put directly into osgt as is? the chain on the health potion is needless complexity, it is static and will look off when rigid body sim is supported by Open MW. also the metal band around the base gives the potion an unappealing shape, and the chain itself would just be a waste of poly's to make it look decent, although I guess poly limits aren't really an issue... it's 2016.

DestinedToDie

Post by DestinedToDie » 02 Mar 2016, 08:40

Potions currently have no collision (just like in Morrowind). Does it really look that bad? We don´t have anything else readily available. You can delete the parts that you think look ugly or make a new one from scratch if you so wish. When uploading, you should include the .blend file, .osgt and .dds textures in the zip.

MikeMXellers

Post by MikeMXellers » 02 Mar 2016, 09:30

Sorry, my request was only because I wanted to edit the potions, I even tied the twine on the magic one, I will submit them when they are finished.

DestinedToDie

Post by DestinedToDie » 02 Mar 2016, 10:41

We can later make a simplified collision mesh for the potion if we get physics working and want to blast a table full of potions wth a fireball.