Alter GMSTs through the console

Feedback on past, current, and future development.
abcd_z

Alter GMSTs through the console

Post by abcd_z »

Is it possible to alter GMSTs through the OpenMW console? I currently have a character's Major skill that I'd like to replace with something else, but I can't find any way to do that without resetting the character. The OpenMW Construction Kit doesn't work for me due to an odd bug that I've already reported.

I know it wasn't possible to alter GMSTs in vanilla Morrowind, but it seems like exactly the sort of thing that OpenMW would be good for.

If it is possible, what is the command for it?

If it isn't currently possible, I think it should be.
Zini

Re: Alter GMSTs through the console

Post by Zini »

The point of GMST is that they are constant (otherwise they would be no difference from global variables). There is no way to change them at run time and I don't think there ever will be. We may turn some GMSTs into global variables post-1.0.

However I fail to see how the example you gave is related to GMSTs. Changing out a major skill would require changes to the NPC record.
abcd_z

Post by abcd_z »

Ah. I saw "sSkillClassMajor" on the OpenMW GMST status list and just assumed it was relevant to my problem.

So... is there any way to change my Major skills through the OpenMW console?
EvilEye
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/Assumeru

Post by EvilEye »

EnableClassMenu sort of worked in vanilla as I recall.
Zini

Post by Zini »

abcd_z wrote:Ah. I saw "sSkillClassMajor" on the OpenMW GMST status list and just assumed it was relevant to my problem.

So... is there any way to change my Major skills through the OpenMW console?
Not yet (beyond invoking the chargen GUI and then setting up the class manually). We may add something like this eventually, but it is not on my list for the first wave of post-1.0 enhancements.