No Respawning

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
dragonjim

No Respawning

Post by dragonjim »

I seem to remember that there was a problem with creatures respawning mentioned back in February (I think) and it was a 'break' which cropped up in 0.35.0.

This is still happening in 0.35.1 (if you dispose of bodies, they usually return within 24 hours in Morrowind and pre 0.35 releases - they are not returning even after four days now) and I can not find a pertinent open bug on the issue tracker. Is this still a known problem (and I'm just not looking hard enough)? Or do you want me to raise a new bug report?
matthewfarmery

Re: No Respawning

Post by matthewfarmery »

your saying that in the latest build, if you remove corpses, monsters don't re spawn?
dragonjim

Post by dragonjim »

Yes. Whenever I start a game, I usually hang around Seyda Neen for a few days doing daily forays into the local area, taking pot shots and swiping at mud crabs just to get the character's stats moving in the right direction. This wasn't possible with the latest build (0.35.1) on Win8.1 because the mud crabs, etc no longer respawn.

Just for info, the folder name confirms the build as OpenMW 0.35.1 and the exe file date is 10th March.
Tinker

Post by Tinker »

The only bug I see to do with respawning, this year, is Bug #2369 which is a different problem.

There is no problem adding a bug to the tracker, at worst it will be rejected, or a match with a differently worded bug may be found or more likely it will get fixed sometime.

It could also affect something else I noticed a while ago. In the smugglers cave near Seyda Neen stilt rider in vanilla once the slaves were freed and the smugglers killed I think rats started spawning but they do not in OpenMW.
dragonjim

Post by dragonjim »

Thanks for that. I've posted a bug report.