Website design proposal(s)

Discuss and help improve OpenMW's infrastructure: Website, Forums, issue tracker and everything having to do with keeping the lights on with OpenMW.
raevol

Re: Website design proposal(s)

Post by raevol »

Maxim Nikolaev wrote:Hi Mickey,
Sure, you could use it. I love Morrowind, and I'm happy that there are people, who continue developing and upgrading this great game.
Good luck!
:o :D We got permission!! I am so excited!

So just to double check, any objections to the "image (c) Maxim Nikolaev" bit on the image?
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

We got permission!!
:)
So just to double check, any objections to the "image (c) Maxim Nikolaev" bit on the image?
Can't we put his credits in other place? He surely should be mentioned but putting writings on our banner is bleh.

Maybe we could make special section (like special thanks to:) in "the team"?
K1ll

Post by K1ll »

The picture is awesome and the rest of the design fits perfectly to it :)
Can't we put his credits in other place? He surely should be mentioned but putting writings on our banner is bleh.

Maybe we could make special section (like special thanks to:) in "the team"?
I don't think the credit on the banner is looking bad.
Zini

Post by Zini »

A small credit line on a banner -> not a problem.
A small credit line on a banner on our main page -> not so good. This is the first place a new user comes to and we should not distract them.

Can we place the credits somewhere else?
raevol

Post by raevol »

I'd really like to keep the image credit where it is. Having the credit there is what I proposed to the artist when i initially contacted him, and asking to change it now is a bit awkward. I've made it smaller in recent revisions, and it's very discrete. We're getting a very gorgeous piece of artwork to use for free, I think this little credit is the least we can do out of appreciation.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Okay then.
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

Yeah, we won't change word that once was given.

But I still think that we should make "Special thanks to:" section to note all this great guys who helped us in the past and will help us in the future.
raevol

Post by raevol »

Forever tinkering, tinkering...

(link removed)

I went the lazy rout and just did some gradients/curves on the content boxes. What do we think? My design instincts are always to go simple/clean/minimal, but if it just looks bland I can give something more flashy a try. My art skills are a bit lacking though...
Last edited by raevol on 17 Aug 2011, 08:10, edited 1 time in total.
Rhys

Post by Rhys »

I really like the clean lines and the overall colour scheme. Although I feel the content boxes do not sit (rounded/gradient vs flat/sharp) but the latest revision is nicer. From zoomed out it looks right, but at full size it looks a little too separated.
raevol

Post by raevol »

I definitely see what you are saying Rhys, and agree. I do feel like we are getting to the point where further tweaking is largely opinion and not necessity, but I am not satisfied with it yet either, and so I'll keep working. I'll try to make it "flow" more.