PR person and posting updates on other forums

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
lgromanowski
Site Admin

PR person and posting updates on other forums

Post by lgromanowski »

Hi,
post about OpenMW on Bethesda forums wasn't updated since v0.32, and I think posts on other forums are much older. We need someone who could be our "PR person" and who could post updates on other forums etc.
Tinker

Re: PR person and posting updates on other forums

Post by Tinker »

I noticed that some free software d/l sites are even older, linking to version 0.23 was the worst I saw, it included the 0.23 release notes, things have changed at lot since then. The link was posted by OpenMW so probably someone on the team.
Okulo

Post by Okulo »

I thought raevol did that kind of stuff? He's also being awesome at reddit...
lgromanowski
Site Admin

Post by lgromanowski »

Okulo wrote:I thought raevol did that kind of stuff? He's also being awesome at reddit...
Hmm, Raevol is doing excellent job on FB and blog, on Bethesda forums and other forums we had different person writing posts (I don't remember who).
raevol

Post by raevol »

Yea, I've been hands-off from the community forums for a while. I worry that it would get lost in the shuffle of my life.

If someone doesn't step up for this in a few days though, I'll see what I can do. (plz somebody step up, don't just wait on me because i said that -_-)
sjek

Post by sjek »

Z.z........ could it be possible also make some sticked or normal bread about topics to forums about betshoft, fliggerty, ogre, main sites to share the load on technical stuff on peoples asking and such .? Kinda like a little hub

Ps. Just have one and a halv week holiday and then work is gonna give me harder time with traveling again :mrgreen:
Okulo

Post by Okulo »

raevol wrote:If someone doesn't step up for this in a few days though, I'll see what I can do. (plz somebody step up, don't just wait on me because i said that -_-)
I mean, I could still do it. I'm doing the newsposts as it is. I tend to be a bit of a wordy fucker, though. And you were doing such a good job handling the community in general.
raevol

Post by raevol »

Okulo wrote:And you were doing such a good job handling the community in general.
Well, I'm just doing release posts. And I will still do facebook/twitter/reddit. But some presence on other forums would be great too. The best thing would be if people on our team who are already active in those communities could take responsibility for their territories, but my guess is that if we had people there, they'd already be posting the releases...
Br0ken

Post by Br0ken »

OpenMW presence:

Reddit
Facebook
Twitter
Youtube (outdated)
Ogre3D forum (need to move on OSG forum after the porting process)
Nexus forum (outdated)
Bethsoft forum (outdated)
Sourceforge (outdated)
Moddb, Indiedb (outdated)
Steam (outdated)

And how about creating the OpenMW page on UESP?
Br0ken

Post by Br0ken »

Okay, I created a thread about OpenMW on OSG forum.

http://forum.openscenegraph.org/viewtopic.php?t=14705

I hope that Scrawl will tell about OSG port much more detail. :)