Feature Cleanup and Beta

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
raevol

Re: Feature Cleanup and Beta

Post by raevol »

Given scrawl's business as of yesterday, I should re-think this. I still think formally entering a "beta" at some point will be very worthwhile, but we can probably present it as an announcement when the moment hits, instead of a pre-announcement announcement... thoughts?
K0kt409P

Post by K0kt409P »

How about a "Year in review"-type post? Even though we didn't hit 1.0 this year, we have passed another milestone of almost equal importance: Playability. One year ago, the main quest could not be completed in OpenMW. Today it can be, along with, AFAIK, every other quest in the vanilla game + expansions. If that's not tremendous progress, I don't know what is.

A list of the remaining unimplemented features could be mentioned in passing in such a post.
Cramal

Post by Cramal »

I think this idea of "advancement of OpenMW in 2014" is a very good idea, because the evolution is really impressive.
31st December 2013, it was still 0.27
And for the 31st December 2014, it will be 0.34.
752 issues have been resolved between these two releases.
And 30 more are already ready for 0.35.
I counted 119 open issues before 1.0, with the actual evolution it correspond to 2 or 3 releases (i know new bug will appear and feature are harder to implement than bug to resolve, but it is in a good wat)
robcbwilson

Post by robcbwilson »

I agree, I think that a Year in Review post would be a brilliant idea. I also concur with Open MW's advances in its playability. I have been watching this project for a long time and downloaded it once when it was on a .2x release and it wasn't comparable to Morrowind. But playing from .33 onwards, it is now very close to vanilla (aside from bugs from mods) in terms of playability. In terms of stability in my opinion (on Windows) it is already far ahead of vanilla.
Cramal

Post by Cramal »

this night i made some information recovery :
On December 31st 2013 with the release of the 0.27
- 337 bug have been resolved
- 223 features have been implemented
- 47 task have been completed
total : 607 issues solved, corresponding to 38.5% of the registered issue

Today, a total of
- 956 bug have been resolved
- 387 features have been implemented
- 59 task have been completed
total : 1402 issues solved, corresponding to 89% of the registered issue

This year the OpenMW team has solved 795 issues including :
- 619 bug resolved
- 164 features implemented
- 12 task accomplished
robcbwilson

Post by robcbwilson »

Some very impressive numbers, well done!