Nehrim and OpenMW

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
Zini

Re: Nehrim and OpenMW

Post by Zini »

OpenCS does not do any validation on load. What we experience here, is simply a variance in the ESM format that we did not encounter before. We already have a fix queued up (thanks to scrawl).
TheInternet

Post by TheInternet »

Zini you are a god.

When I get home tonight I'll try and compile it from source (failing that I might nag someone politely on IRC to provide me a build...)

I've just recieved this via Facebook:

"Hello Chris,

Wow, that must've been quite an effort. We heard about the OpenMW project, and we tip our hats to your dedication.

Of course you have our permission, and our best wishes. The only requirement would be - as you already mentioned yourself - that no Oblivion assets are being used.

Good luck and thanks!

SureAI"

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAHHH 8-)
Zini

Post by Zini »

Please note that the fix is not in the master branch of the primary repository yet (you will have to go to scrawl's repository if you want to try it out now.
Digmaster

Post by Digmaster »

To address the original question, of supporting oblivion, I know there are plans to eventually move to our own level format, which wed concert morrowind files too. Creating a converter for oblivion files would give us at the very least the world space. In any event, I doubt anyone would be upset with someone forked OpenMW after the 1.0 release to turn it into openoblivion.
TheInternet

Post by TheInternet »

Zini wrote:Please note that the fix is not in the master branch of the primary repository yet (you will have to go to scrawl's repository if you want to try it out now.
When do you plan to merge into master, or is this scrawl's decision? Compiling the source is a bit out of my depth, I'm stuck at compiling Bullet...
Digmaster wrote:To address the original question, of supporting oblivion, I know there are plans to eventually move to our own level format, which wed concert morrowind files too. Creating a converter for oblivion files would give us at the very least the world space. In any event, I doubt anyone would be upset with someone forked OpenMW after the 1.0 release to turn it into openoblivion.
My current plan is to convert Nehrim over to Morrowind file formats and achieve as much as possible that way. You can have a look at the file I've converted above.
Zini

Post by Zini »

or is this scrawl's decision?
Yes.
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

Sorry for the delay. I usually queue up anything up to 5-20 fixes before submitting a pull request / releasing into the wild, so I can test for regressions effectively. However I haven't done much lately so some stuff has just been stuck in the queue, as with your fix. Submitted a pull request now, so it should be available in the nightly builds soon-ish.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Need a few more minutes to wrap things up and then I will merge.

Edit: Merged.
TheInternet

Post by TheInternet »

Great, thanks. I'm still learning how to compile the source though.
TheInternet

Post by TheInternet »

I think that TESTroi file is unusable. Nothing can open it properly, and also the offical CS can open it, it can't save it.

However, I used TESAnnywn to pull the heightmap out of the Nehrim files and created a new esp with this....

8-)