My Eloquent Opinion on MW's Journal

Feedback on past, current, and future development.
Okulo

Re: My Eloquent Opinion on MW's Journal

Post by Okulo »

I thought Oblivion's UI was fantastic, myself. Tabs for unfinished quests, finished quests and the currently active quest. It really helped you focus on a specific task and it fit in with the rest of the game, both thematically and control-wise.
nerdistmonk

Post by nerdistmonk »

Okulo wrote:I thought Oblivion's UI was fantastic, myself. Tabs for unfinished quests, finished quests and the currently active quest. It really helped you focus on a specific task and it fit in with the rest of the game, both thematically and control-wise.
^This, the journal is a weak point in a fairly competent user interface, the fact that i had to play the entire game with the elder scrolls wiki open, using it as a map to find what quests i had not completed is a testament to how worthless that journal was for me. Never should an RPG's user interface cause someone that much disruption to their game time.
ezze

Post by ezze »

I agree, I also loved it!

It works find both if you need to want to quickly find information about a quest or if you want to read what has been done as a real log.. I just remember it was pretty much necessary to disable the on-screen notification as it was too invasive.