Unit tests requiring MW data files

Everything about development and the OpenMW source code.
scrawl

Unit tests requiring MW data files

Post by scrawl »

Currently I can think of 2 tests we have that could benefit from being turned into an automated unit test, but require MW data files:
- Compile all scripts (--script-all)
- Compare spell auto-calc results for all NPCs (currently sitting in my personal branch, requires MW_autocalc.txt with vanilla results which Hrnchamd has supplied)

Obviously this is somewhat problematic as the CI server would need to have the Data Files available. I guess we would need a private server and the administrator of course needs to have legally acquired data files to use. What do you think about this?
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Re: Unit tests requiring MW data files

Post by psi29a »

Ace could do this since he runs his build servers nightly... and I know that Lgro was trying to setup a Jenkins-CI server.
EmperorArthur

Re: Unit tests requiring MW data files

Post by EmperorArthur »

It should be pretty easy to turn niftest into a unit test as well. I currently use the test.sh script in components/nif/tests/ as a regression test and easy way to find unsupported nif files from mods.

I'm guessing that these test systems would be using the full official data files with nothing else. Even then we're going to have to worry about different combinations of Morrowind, Tribunal, and Bloodmoon. Especially when it comes to scripting and GMSTs.

PS: Yes, some mods do ship with nif files we do not support. It's low priority though. (Features #920,#1852)