Follower-Party system?

Feedback on past, current, and future development.
DarkAnsem

Follower-Party system?

Post by DarkAnsem »

As post 1.0 release, are you considering a follower-party system like the UFO mod for Skyrim? Morrowind was designed to be played solo, but still :P
Tinker

Re: Follower-Party system?

Post by Tinker »

I did not know MW was supposed to be played solo, I had a companion with me for 4 years of playing, but then again I did not realise until a year ago that there was a main plot. I thought the Caius package stuff was just a training / introduction to the world once he stopped giving me jobs and told me to go and train more I went off, found a companion and did my own thing.

As I remember it the companion / henchman was a bit of a kludge, so I hope openMW makes it better, I am sure other games that will eventually use the engine will also need some sort of party system, even if it version 2 stuff.
raevol

Post by raevol »

Where on earth did you find a companion that stuck with you?
Sslaxx

Post by Sslaxx »

raevol wrote:Where on earth did you find a companion that stuck with you?
Julan does a good job of it in Morrowind, though that's a lot of custom scripting.
raevol

Post by raevol »

Oh, a mod, ok.
Sslaxx

Post by Sslaxx »

raevol wrote:Oh, a mod, ok.
I think the mercenary you can hire in Mournhold is the only non-mod companion you can hire.
lysol

Post by lysol »

Tinker wrote:I did not know MW was supposed to be played solo, I had a companion with me for 4 years of playing, but then again I did not realise until a year ago that there was a main plot. I thought the Caius package stuff was just a training / introduction to the world once he stopped giving me jobs and told me to go and train more I went off, found a companion and did my own thing.
Uh.. Did you think the game was fun to play anyway? :P
ezze

Post by ezze »

Sure, I am a similar experience. Caius send you off and you forget about it :D I remember a game where I went back what I was in full Daedric and of level 35 or so...

(note: the full Daedric come from the Morrowind Comes Alive mod that, while nice, is definitely overdone...)
Tinker

Post by Tinker »

I got a job moving a slave from Hla Oad to Balmora. I read recently that I had a couple of options, one was to get her or the drugs she was muling to Balmora and get paid or I could get her to the twin lamps organisation and free her. What I did was chat to her a lot on the way, killed the drug dealer when I delivered her then asked her what she wanted to do and she said she would stay with me, which she did for years, it got difficult at times as she did not seem to level up and there is no simple way to give equipment but we had great fun.

This was vanilla MW no mods.

As for not following the plot I think I got to see some places that only devs knew about, I really enjoyed playing a free form game without a plot to follow. Now I know there is a plot I may follow it in openMW, I never saw Vivec until testing openMW early on so it might be nice to see it in game.