OpenMW 0.30.0

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
Zini

Re: OpenMW 0.30.0

Post by Zini »

Excellent video.
WeirdSexy

Post by WeirdSexy »

Glad everyone seems to be pleased.

Okulo, I'm always tired :) I've had a few people say they like the videos because they are 'soothing' recently, so I was trying to stay calm at least during the bits where I was actually walking around in the game world.

cc9cii, the spears (and the yelling) have become somewhat of an in-joke since the v0.26.0 video where melee combat was implemented and I yelled about them. The emphasis on spears just comes from the fact that Morrowind was the last game to have them and many people sorely miss them in the newer games. So it's something like "screw the newer games, this one has SPEEAAAARRRRSSSS". That's also why I almost exclusively use an ebony spear as my weapon in the commentary videos since then. It's just a nod to the long-standing community.
Ace (SWE)

Post by Ace (SWE) »

"OpenMW - More than 100% as many Spears as leading competitors"

I can just imagine the tagline for if/when someone decides to do a MP fork of OpenMW; "Our spears shall blot out the sun".

Anyway, I was going to ask what we're waiting for in regards to actually getting the release finished. Still lacking Windows testing?
Zini

Post by Zini »

We had a critical fix less than 24h hours ago, so that is what we have been waiting for (plus the video). I think we are more or less ready now. Will call for a release either later today or tomorrow.
Jyby

Post by Jyby »

Great job Weird & Sexy 8-)

Might a suggest you do a Lets Play series when things get dull? At least clips of gaming would be cool. Maybe you can feature some horrific bugs instances too!
WeirdSexy

Post by WeirdSexy »

http://youtu.be/vGZe-8WJ4JA

This is what I was talking about with the water, if no one else has this issue. I'll go ahead and file a bug report later when I do an informal batch of play testing and reporting based on some notes I took while making the video.
WeirdSexy

Post by WeirdSexy »

Jyby wrote: Might a suggest you do a Lets Play series ...
I was planning on doing a mini let's play (just initial character creation and some quests) soon just to show the general state of the project. We'll see what happens.
Jyby

Post by Jyby »

I think you can also cheat your way to certain quests. So you don't have to play 100 hours or so to play the end game.
vorenon

Post by vorenon »

WeirdSexy wrote:http://youtu.be/vGZe-8WJ4JA

This is what I was talking about with the water, if no one else has this issue. I'll go ahead and file a bug report later when I do an informal batch of play testing and reporting based on some notes I took while making the video.
I've got the same issue on Windows. It looks like OpenMW hates AMD R9 cards. (I've got a R9 270X)
Zini

Post by Zini »

The tag has been applied. Start the release, please.