OpenMW 0.30.0

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
cc9cii

Re: OpenMW 0.30.0

Post by cc9cii »

Ace (SWE) wrote: A bit off topic maybe, but http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-da ... &uid=10247
Cool!

On the OpenCS issue I'm having - I don't know what is going on. I've run the debugger again, this time mId is of wchar_t type (I didn't change) and has the correct string, i.e. "d:\\Users\\Dad\\Documents\\My Games\\openmw/data\\Morrowind.omwgame". Don't know why it was different earlier :?

Unfortunately still crashes at the same spot.

EDIT: more strangeness - when I run a debug version mId is now "Zebabi" which is the cell name.

The stack trace now is:
Spoiler: Show
Zini

Post by Zini »

I am sorry, but you are completely on the wrong track. There are no paths involved here. If you see a path there, then something got corrupted (heap maybe?).

Also, this here
EDIT: maybe CSMWorld::UniversalId::mId should be of type std::wstring instead?
EDIT2: that won't be a quick fix solution, as std::string mId is in lots of places. maybe convert into a simple string before creating that class
is a problem. I don't mean to offend, but these statements are terrible. Using std::wstring in a multi platform project is bad. Very bad. Some might argue that using wstring at all is bad (see http://www.utf8everywhere.org/). std::string is the right string type for most cases.
cc9cii

Post by cc9cii »

yeah, no doubt I'm on the wrong track and yes, looks like something is being corrupted

also, no offence taken, I tend to babble on without knowing all the facts. If you need to correct me, go ahead and correct me 8-)

EDIT: Read that article as well as other opinions on the net, it seems that not everyone agrees on what the "best" way is but I guess almost everything is like that. I have no wish to further that debate here.

EDIT2: Back on topic. Looks like it is a Qt defect https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-37346. I'll have to rebuild Qt which was quite a pain iirc.
pvdk

Post by pvdk »

The wizard is currently complete enough to be functional, the only thing I need to sort out is how to stop the thread properly when the user cancels the installation process. Right now it just kills the thread which results in valgrind complaining about unreachable memory and stuff. I need to add checks in every labor-intensive task in the thread so it can emit a finished signal and clean up before the process quits.

I just came back from a weeklong stay abroad but I will have some spare time this weekend and next week to work on this. The wizard might be a nice feature for the 0.30.0 release if I manage to get it done in time.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Depends on when the release happens. Still waiting on feedback regarding the icons. If nothing happens there, we can as well enter RC phase at the beginning of next week and I would rather have this new launcher chance in the code base for a while (for the purpose of testing) before we include it in a release.
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

Any chance for getting 1275 and 1274 into 0.30.0? After feeling better i can see that I need to add just a few additional lines into paged worldspace widget (handling interior cells, changing toolbar, etc.).

PS
actually it is a bit more complicated, as i see.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Probably.
Zini

Post by Zini »

It seems we have some usable icons now. That still doesn't address the entire problem, but maybe WeirdSexy can demonstrate the function of the remaining mis-labeled buttons in his video.
I know there is still some ongoing work in the AI department. Are we in a state that allows us to enter the RC phase within the next couple of days?
Jyby

Post by Jyby »

I think we are. I'm wrapping up sneak.
WeirdSexy

Post by WeirdSexy »

Reporting in. I should be good to handle all of my video-commentary duties at this time. However, I will be traveling for a few weeks starting next week and will not have access to a powerful computer (probably).