New types of crime.

Feedback on past, current, and future development.
sirherrbatka

Re: New types of crime.

Post by sirherrbatka »

Your persuasion increased to 3.
Tes96

Post by Tes96 »

Chris wrote:
Tes96 wrote:So that means that someone would have to add flags to all cells in Morrowind, as well as in TR, SHOTN and PC?
Not explicitly. The way I imagine it, if the flag's sub-record doesn't exist for the cell in the esm/p, it defaults to being legal (i.e. no trespassing). However, a script could be running which sets the cell to be legal or illegal depending on whatever factors are necessary. Though a mod made with OpenCS would be able to explicitly set or unset the flag in the esx data.
But setting or unsetting this flag in the esx would have to be done for each individual cell. Wouldn't you have to account for when NPCs leave their homes during the day to go about their schedules, including locking them at night? Also, not all NPC interiors are locked, i.e Ashlander yurts

ezze wrote:
Tes96 wrote:If you're a stranger, yes, I can see NPCs keeping an eye on you since they don't know you. But as they get to know you better, they'll feel more comfortable with you in their home and won't follow you everywhere, because that does get very annoying.
I am not sure... If a stranger appears in my home I would call the guards immediately. However, I see your point for open-to-public-private spaces like shops.
Would some homes be locked during the day even though the NPCs are currently in them? Perhaps interiors like manors (though not ALL manors), should be constantly locked. I don't like comparing TES world to our modern day world but I lock my door on my house whether I'm home or not. It's just a habit. Perhaps there are some NPCs who are paranoid even though they may live in poor quarters and keep their doors locked all the time. Or there may be NPCs who never lock their doors. It would be more intersesting to have it varying like that, as not all people think the same and take the exact same precautions.
Chris

Post by Chris »

Tes96 wrote:But setting or unsetting this flag in the esx would have to be done for each individual cell.
The default would be for legal occupation, so only cells that you want to make it illegal need any scripting or modding. Most won't be made for trespassing, so don't need any consideration.
Tes96

Post by Tes96 »

Chris wrote:
Tes96 wrote:But setting or unsetting this flag in the esx would have to be done for each individual cell.
The default would be for legal occupation, so only cells that you want to make it illegal need any scripting or modding. Most won't be made for trespassing, so don't need any consideration.
Well wouldn't most, if not all, NPC interiors be "illegal" to be in once night time came?
Chris

Post by Chris »

Tes96 wrote:Well wouldn't most, if not all, NPC interiors be "illegal" to be in once night time came?
Those interiors would probably need to be modded anyway, but yes, most private houses and shops would need to be.
Jyby

Post by Jyby »

What if you abandon an NPC? Say you're questing and you find a struggling NPC on the roadside. If you decide to help him then later abandon him maybe he'll report you as a conman or lie and say what your wearing you stole from him. A message could appear upon abandoning an NPC.

"Beware of that strange man you just left"
heilkitty

Post by heilkitty »

Tes96 wrote:he doesn't follow me everywhere and blankly stare at me
Humans have got cats to do this shit.
Tarius

Post by Tarius »

heilkitty wrote:
Tes96 wrote:he doesn't follow me everywhere and blankly stare at me
Humans have got cats to do this shit.
OMG, thats true!
NPCs are like cats. Or at least the kajits are like cats.