Research Request

Join the team. This area is for people who want to participate in OpenMW's development in one way or another.
Jyby

Research Request

Post by Jyby »

I'm looking for someone to determine the alarm values and the appropriate response to crime.

Here is a description of alarm: (http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:NPCs)
Alarm
Indicates how strongly an NPC will respond to another person's call for help when they are the victim of a crime.
When you commit a crime, and it is detected by an NPC, they will say something at you. This will notify other NPCs in the area.
When the NPCs hear this, they will acknowledge it in ways based on their alarm value. The higher the alarm value, the more the NPC will take action to the crime.
If an NPC has an alarm value of 100, you will get a bounty if they hear of a crime.
From my research with have limited knowledge about AI alarm responses.

Alarm 100 - you will get a bounty if they hear of a crime.
Alarm 90 - ?
Alarm 80 - ?
Alarm 70 - ?
Alarm 60 - ?
Alarm 50 - ?
Alarm 40 - ?
Alarm 30 - ?
Alarm 20 - ?
Alarm 10 - ?
Alarm 0 - NPC doesn't know what is going on ?

You will need access to vanilla morrowind and the elder scrolls construction set.

Responsibilities:
Design tests to prove formulae
Record data on results
Write a summary of your tasks

You don't have to be very formal!
Feel free to provide any information below that can help strengthen our knowledge of AI alarm.
This has a huge impact on game mechanics!
Last edited by Jyby on 30 Mar 2014, 21:05, edited 1 time in total.
pvdk

Re: *New* Reverse Engineering Job

Post by pvdk »

I don't think you should call this reverse engineering, that might be a bit misleading to some. Better to call this a research request or something, since for legal reasons we don't want to give the idea that we are decompiling the original engine or something.
SquireNed

Re: Research Request

Post by SquireNed »

I mean, technically, clean room reverse engineering isn't problematic, but you don't want to have to go to court and argue "Well, technically...".
Jyby

Re: Research Request

Post by Jyby »

Ok back to the subject.

We need some help researching this if we want proper working crime reactions.