Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Not about OpenMW? Just about Morrowind in general? Have some random babble? Kindly direct it here.
Br0ken

Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Post by Br0ken »

Kingdom Come: Deliverance is an upcoming open-world RPG, set in the 15th century medieval Central Europe with a focus on historically accurate and realistic content.
The game will be a single-player experience with branching quest lines and a highly interactive world encouraging emergent gameplay. Kingdom Come will feature period-accurate armor and clothing, combat techniques, and real-world castles recreated with the assistance of architects and historians.
Release date: Q4 2015 on PC, Mac and Linux

Funded via Kickstarter, total of £1,106,371.

Reveal Trailer

SquireNed

Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Post by SquireNed »

As a hobbyist medievalist in addition to other things I've eagerly awaited something like this. I've enjoyed Mount and Blade since the day it was released, but this looks more like my forte (single-character focus in-depth RPG) and I'm eagerly awaiting it. If only I had money.
wheybags

Post by wheybags »

Backed em for enough to get a boxed copy, looks amazing
lysol

Post by lysol »

Why you no post link earlier!? :(

Looks amazing. Pity I have to wait for the original release since it's too late to back it now.
Okulo

Post by Okulo »

I remember this. Lots of buzzwords:

Non-linear story lets you choose between being a villain or a savior. Every quest can be solved in multiple ways.

Just because you can solve your quests in multiple ways doesn't mean your story is non-linear. The dichotomy they mention reminds me of the classic good/evil sliding scale.

Discover this huge world from horseback or on foot. If you can see it, you can visit it.

Oh, hello Todd Howard.

Death to the tired clichés!

And yet, the page is full of clichés. I mean, it's not that I doubt their skills or sincerity, but the page itself reeks of hype hype hype.

But all of that is talk, and talk is always cheap. I'd like to see what they make of it. Perhaps they can actually deliver - who knows?
Br0ken

Post by Br0ken »

lysol wrote: Looks amazing. Pity I have to wait for the original release since it's too late to back it now.
You can back it later. Soon they will open the PayPal shop. http://kingdomcomerpg.com/
Okulo wrote:I remember this. Lots of buzzwords:
Dan Vávra seems to be a trustworthy person. I hope that everything will be fine.

Videos by Warhorse Studios:

Video Update #1: Our World

Video Update #2: Character Customization

Video Update #3: Horses

Video Update #4: Combat

Video Update #5: Living world

Live Stream
Okulo

Post by Okulo »

Br0ken wrote:Dan Vávra seems to be a trustworthy person. I hope that everything will be fine.
Yeah, I give him the benefit of the doubt. He's been bitching about Skyrim about as much as I have. An excerpt:

'I admit that I'm playing Skyrim. Why, if it's so terrible? Because I and everyone else who likes open world RPGs has nothing else to play. It's as if you were on a deserted island for years with a beautiful blonde. Really beautiful. Her only "minor" flaw would be that she has yellow teeth, her breath stinks, she is utterly vapid and has gonorrhea.'
Chris

Post by Chris »

'I admit that I'm playing Skyrim. Why, if it's so terrible? Because I and everyone else who likes open world RPGs has nothing else to play.'
And those of us who like high-fantasy open world RPGs from a first-person perspective still have some waiting to do.