Start a game with the original game and toggle to OpenMW ?

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
bnj78

Start a game with the original game and toggle to OpenMW ?

Post by bnj78 »

Hi all,

I just wondering a simple question because I didn't find the answer in the forum or the FAQ : if I start the game with the original Morrowind, may I continue with the OpenMW Morrowind exe and vice versa without any problem ?

Sorry for my english, I'm french...

And thx for yours replies.
sirherrbatka

Re: Start a game with the original game and toggle to OpenMW

Post by sirherrbatka »

hi,

1) OpenMW is not finished, you can't just play it.
2) We won't support Morrowind saves. Someone would have to make a converter. It probabbly won't be that hard, since ess files are quite like esp/esm and we can handle does just fine already.
Zini

Post by Zini »

To elaborate a bit more on that: A MW saved game -> OpenMW saved game converter is on the roadmap, but not for OpenMW 1.0 and I see it as a low priority feature. Saved Game conversion in the opposite direction is unlikely to happen.
bnj78

Post by bnj78 »

Ok, thanks to both of you for your fast answers !

It doesn't matter for the save if there are not compatible with the original game as I've begun Daggerfall (after finishing Skyrim lol) so I can wait for the OpenMw 1.0 to finish... :)

And I wait for the Morrowind Overhaul 3.0 (in French version for me). I think the Project will be compatible with it ?

And last question but not least : I know it is very difficult to adjudicate but is there an approximate percentage of completion of the whole Project ?

Thanks again.
Ben
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

I think the Project will be compatible with it ?
It should. If it is not we would have to correct this.

We want to compatibile with everything excluding MWSE, MGE and other external software.
And last question but not least : I know it is very difficult to adjudicate but is there an approximate percentage of completion of the whole Project ?
I will be very disappointed if we won't get something playable in next 6 months. That is what we call 1.0.0, but not "finished", after this project will enter into second phase where we would implement new features, extend options etc. Sadly 1.0.0 will be probabbly very buggy,
Mistahtokyo

Post by Mistahtokyo »

sirherrbatka wrote:
Sadly 1.0.0 will be probabbly very buggy,
Well... if the plan was to make 1.0.0 behave like Morrowind, you can't have the release without including bugs. :lol:
bnj78

Post by bnj78 »

:lol: ok thks for those precious and specifics informations !
I can imagine the quantity of work that this represents and we may say that the project could be playable within about almost 1 year then... So keep on the good works and many thanks to all the team !
Peace !
dwcoates

Post by dwcoates »

Mistahtokyo wrote:
sirherrbatka wrote:
Sadly 1.0.0 will be probabbly very buggy,
Well... if the plan was to make 1.0.0 behave like Morrowind, you can't have the release without including bugs. :lol:
nailedit.jpg