MCM for OpenMW

Feedback on past, current, and future development.
Raijin

MCM for OpenMW

Post by Raijin »

If you've ever played Skyrim or Fallout:NV and have modded them extensively you would know about the Mod Configuration Menu. It is a menu that allows for mod configuring ingame and makes tweaking mod settings very easy.

Are there any plans to do something similar to this concept?
skullgrid

Re: MCM for OpenMW

Post by skullgrid »

Not as far as I know but with the new possibilities this engine brings it would be trivial to make.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Actually, yes. There is. This feature will be a part of my initial OpenMW 1.1 proposal.
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

This sounds pretty good. Maybe even multiple locale versions in one file?
Zini

Post by Zini »

Probably not in 1.1, but maybe later.
ElderTroll

Post by ElderTroll »

Who knows, the authors of MCM might be interested in helping develop something similar for OpenMW. I'll try contacting the authors when once OpenMW releases 1.0. This would all be done using myGUI, right?
Zini

Post by Zini »

Not really. Of course the actual GUI would be implemented via MyGUI, but that should be done procedurally (similar to how we create dialogue subviews in OpenCS).

This is actually the first time that I hear of MCM. However I am not sure why the developers of that project would be interested in/equipped with the matching skills to help out with this feature in OpenMW. As I said I don't know MCM, but I would be willing to bet that the approach we will take will be totally different.
Sslaxx

Post by Sslaxx »

Most likely, especially as the Skyrim UI is created using Flash. Not to mention any scripting (outside of the Flash files) being in Papyrus, of course.