[Editor] Object Selection and placement

Feedback on past, current, and future development.
SGMonkey

[Editor] Object Selection and placement

Post by SGMonkey »

Last request for today I promise...

Speaking of filters and the like for the editor. Something I think would be a great help is a filter for item selection in the render window. Basically, just a drop down menu with options such as "All, Statics, Weapons, NPC's, Creatures, Activators, Apparatus, Misc Item" and so on. I use this feature a lot in the CE3 Sandbox, its very useful.

A nice toggle button for "Following Terrain" would also be very handy. Allowing you to drag something from the "Object Window" (or its alternative in OCS) and have it automatically snap to the terrain and as you move it automatically adjust its z axis based on the height of the terrain.

Lastly. Move, Rotation and Scale widgets would be very welcomed. Toggle-able via keyboard shortcuts would also be very nice. Anything like what is used in 3ds Max or CE3. Would also be nice to have just a "Select" tool. This allows you to... well select things, without any accidental moving of objects. Sounds obvious but its very useful.

Cheers all. Sorry for the barrage of posts.

EDIT: Another editor feature that would be very useful is Align to surface normal. So, with an object selected, you can press the "Align to Surface Normal" button, then hold down control whilst moving your cursor to position the object in relation to the surface under the cursor.

And another idea which is a great help. When moving objects in the render window, you should be able to hold down a modifier key which shows the axis's projected from the object. Like this image here