Editing

Involved development of the OpenMW construction set.
sirherrbatka

Editing

Post by sirherrbatka »

hello,

Currently we do not have a way to edit record properties outside of collection ─ and honestly I don't think we should have such option (correct me if I'm wrong). Instead I propose to create object that could encaspulate edit actions. This object will have a public interface accepting Record and will be responsible for performing actual data manipulation trough the metafunctions.

After creating such object in the command it can be passed to the collection where it can access Records.

In addition to above, we could use the same method to alter coordinates of cloned and created cell records.

I learned enough about collections and commands to implement this, but not sure how much time it could take. :roll:
Zini

Re: Editing

Post by Zini »

Currently we do not have a way to edit record properties outside of collection ─ and honestly I don't think we should have such option (correct me if I'm wrong)
Directly editing collections is perfectly fine, as long there is no view for them yet. This is used during loading. Beyond that all editing has to go through commands and the table models.
Instead I propose to create object that could encaspulate edit actions. This object will have a public interface accepting Record and will be responsible for performing actual data manipulation trough the metafunctions.
Why would we need that? We already have the commands and the table models. Is there anything these can't do?
sirherrbatka

Re: Editing

Post by sirherrbatka »

If direct editing is ok, there is no need for a such solution I guess.