Can I help?

Everything about development and the OpenMW source code.
gus

Re: Can I help?

Post by gus »

I'd love to see this project succeed. With my skillset, is there anything I can help with? If not, what skills do I need to acquire to contribute to this project?
Well, you could help me with the dialogue Manager. I've read some stuff on the net to understand how dialogues works on morrowind, but that's still insufficient (i've no modding exp).
But as you have modding experience, you probably know how it works, so you could just tell me what the program should do, and I could implement it.
pvdk

Post by pvdk »

Greendogo wrote:Interesting, I don't remember that this came to fruition, neato.

edit: It would still need the GUI graphics (like the spell effects in the lower right), but I think those types of things are hard-wired into the vanilla engine. There might be something to separating out the "Morrowind"iness from the engine when you have no esm/bsa files loaded. I don't know, I mean, I really doubt Bethesda cares about the tiny little things like the GUI and the wilderness terrain texture among other things.
We can't take risks with copyrighted material. I took this very serious when I created the debug cell and the screenshots are made in Morrowind, not OpenMW, hence the GUI stuff. I did manage to get it to work with OpenMW and maybe I have some screenshots of that if you're interested.

I could retrieve the debug cell stuff from the harddrive but before I can release it I would have to do some detective work regarding credits for the people who created the stuff I used. Shouldn't take too long as it was all downloaded from modding-related sites.
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

Fair enough. I'd be interested to know if we can load what you had finished as is now. Thoughts? I know there won't be any GUI stuff, but w/e, that's not the point of it as of this early stage :D

So glad you did that pvdk!!!

Maybe we should move this to another thread, as this one should be all about how Chesko can better serve Zini...
Okulo

Post by Okulo »

So hypothetically, if someone would come in and say: "Hey, check out these cool textures I've made myself! You can use them in OpenMW if you like", that would be something you could use?
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

Sort off.

But I think that it's time to cut this thread. We have morrowind.esm, soon we will be able to run tribunal, bloodmon and even TR maps. We don't need it and zini is right.
pvdk

Post by pvdk »

I made a separate thread about the debug cell here.