Release Process Documentation and Discussion

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
raevol

Release Process Documentation and Discussion

Post by raevol »

Hey all. In light of my recent fumbling of the release, I wanted to document our release process. We do a lot of process documentation at my work, and it really helps. I made this page:

https://wiki.openmw.org/index.php?title=Release_Process

And input would be greatly appreciated. I know we started uploading things to downloads.openmw.org, so that needs to be added. Also, most of this is just my part of the process, it would be great to add everyone else's, such as the people creating the release packages, any of WeirdSexy's video creation process that he wants to share that aren't trade secrets, anything that Zini would like documented or added, etc.

Fire away!
raevol

Re: Release Process Documentation and Discussion

Post by raevol »

ap0 pointed out https://wiki.openmw.org/index.php?title=Outreach to me so I updated what I maintain, and we could integrate our various PR sources into the release process documentation.
Zini

Post by Zini »

The list of known issues only covers issues that are particular critical (otherwise we would have to list every open bug). Also, new known issues don't show up exclusively during testing. We also find them during regular development.
raevol

Post by raevol »

Zini wrote:The list of known issues only covers issues that are particular critical (otherwise we would have to list every open bug). Also, new known issues don't show up exclusively during testing. We also find them during regular development.
Tweaked the wording to reflect that.