ESX selector and stuff

Involved development of the OpenMW construction set.
graffy

Re: ESX selector and stuff

Post by graffy »

Yeah, two of those warnings are code issues I'll clean up later this next week. The z-order assignment warning has me puzzled. I've seen that for a while now, but don't know what caused it and haven't really researched it yet. It's on the list, though.

I'll see if I can take care of the adjuster widget and push the changes here soon.

As it stands, is there anything else that needs to get done ASAP? (As I said before, I otherwise plan on not having any further progress to report until the end of this next week...)
Zini

Post by Zini »

Only the things I already mentioned (namely support for loading .omwgame/.omwaddon files and adjuster and new file widgets). The rest can wait a bit more.
graffy

Post by graffy »

Why do you want the adjuster widget in the edit content portion? Ist selecting the needed file form the combo / table view not sufficient?
Zini

Post by Zini »

https://bugs.openmw.org/issues/588

Also, the widget checks, if there already is a file with the same name that would be overwritten and produces a warning in this case.
graffy

Post by graffy »

Implemented the file / adjuster widgets for new addon creation. Still needs it for addon content editing. Also still need to fix the sorting / enabling of selected files...
Zini

Post by Zini »

That unfortunately does not work. The adjuster widget only shows the leaf name instead of the full path when creating an addon. Not sure if that is a problem in your code or in mine.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Okay, both yours and my fault. You didn't configure the adjuster widget correctly, but there is also a bug in the save code. I fixed the forum (on github now) and will now tackle the later.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Nope. Also your fault ;) The way the signal from the file dialogue is used to create the document is incorrect. Will fix.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Fixed. You might wanna take a look at that, since you need to replicate these changes for the content file editing function. We may also want to add the content file list to the signal instead of fetching them from the widget in the signal handler (cleaner solution). But not that important.

Looks nice. Definitely an improvement over the previous version. The overall look appeals to my minimalistic nature. We probably have to improve the labeling (the window title isn't that great and I am also not convinced by "Project"), but this kind of fine tuning can wait until later.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Just loaded the first addon created by OpenCS into OpenMW. Had to rename it, because OpenMW does not yet recognise the new file name extensions, but still a major stealth milestone (I bet no one noticed, that this one was coming).