OpenMW 0.26.0

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Re: OpenMW 0.26.0

Post by psi29a »

Implemented mouse wheen transitions between first/third person
Might that be 'wheel' ?
Br0ken

Post by Br0ken »

Congratulations with this wonderful release! I hope that the development of OpenMW will continue in same rapid pace. 8-)

Btw, news in Russian: http://fullrest.ru/news/archive/the-eld ... 0-new-info
raevol

Post by raevol »

BrotherBrick wrote:Might that be 'wheel' ?
See you gotta catch these things *before* I post them to hundreds of people on the internet. ;)
raevol

Post by raevol »

I'm so frustrated. I am trying to fix the "wheen" typo on the wordpress post, and it keeps eating the embedded video. lgro, even when I try to restore your revision, it eats the embedded video. Can you please post specific instructions on how to embed the video? Maybe like a video tutorial or something? This is driving me crazy.

EDIT: WHAT ON EARTH. It worked. HOWWW. :shock: :shock: :shock: :oops: :oops:
Rhys

Post by Rhys »

Guy, the youtube video shown is the 0.25.0, just a heads-up. But good video :lol:
lgromanowski
Site Admin

Post by lgromanowski »

raevol wrote:I'm so frustrated. I am trying to fix the "wheen" typo on the wordpress post, and it keeps eating the embedded video. lgro, even when I try to restore your revision, it eats the embedded video. Can you please post specific instructions on how to embed the video? Maybe like a video tutorial or something? This is driving me crazy.

EDIT: WHAT ON EARTH. It worked. HOWWW. :shock: :shock: :shock: :oops: :oops:
At first you have to switch to "text" mode editor:
yt-1.png
then put the iframe code (replace VIDEO_ID with youtube video id, and don't forget about HTTPS - without it new Firefox will block video)

Code: Select all

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VIDEO_ID" style="border:none;"></iframe>
yt-2.png
when you switch back to "visual" mode you will see empty frame:
yt-3.png
but this is ok - when your post will be published video should be visible. That's all.

//EDIT: Corrected typo.
raevol

Post by raevol »

lgromanowski wrote:At first you have to switch to "text" mode editor -snip- when you post will be published video should be visible. That's all.
Thanks lgro!
raevol

Post by raevol »

From reddit:
I don't know how finished it is, but I can currently go to Balmora, join the Fighter's Guild, be recognized as a member by other members, start the first quest, speak to Drarayne Thelas, kill the rats (before this update, I would use the kill console command), receive my reward, and start the next quest.
It's pretty cool.
:D
Berandas

Post by Berandas »

I just tested the latest release and found some issues:

while loading new cell, the game jumps to the next to last frame, then to the last frame and then over and over, until it's fully loaded - it's quite unpleasant.
When you swing your weapon and go to the new cell at the same time, the animation freezes when the cell is loaded. Then it returns into normal state if you attack again, or change the camera view.

There are still problems with collision, I was able to climb up some sacks, chairs and stuff like that just by walking towards them. Also in some cases the PC is jumping while turning around near some statics. Also NPCs are jumping while walking into them. (PC does that sometimes too)

There are still some sound issues - when I look up while walking, I can hear my footsteps from my rear speakers, when I'm looking forward, it plays from the center and when I'm looking to the ground, it plays from the front ones, I believe the correct behaviour is that footsteps are played from the center only. Same thing happens for the activation sounds.
Footsteps of some walking NPCs in the cities are terribly loud.

In vanilla MW, when you appeared inside the mesh (for example while using coc), you could just walk or jump out. In OpenMW, PC collides with back faces, so you have to use tcl command to get out of the rocks and stuff like that.

It would be nice to have some "select/deselect all mods" button in the launcher, or perhaps when I select some of the plugins and click the checkbox, it could apply to the selection.
potatoesmaster

Post by potatoesmaster »

Some of these issues are on the bugtracker:
Berandas wrote: while loading new cell, the game jumps to the next to last frame, then to the last frame and then over and over, until it's fully loaded - it's quite unpleasant.
https://bugs.openmw.org/issues/416
Berandas wrote: In vanilla MW, when you appeared inside the mesh (for example while using coc), you could just walk or jump out. In OpenMW, PC collides with back faces, so you have to use tcl command to get out of the rocks and stuff like that.
https://bugs.openmw.org/issues/806