Better world map?

Involved development of the OpenMW construction set.
Markelius

Better world map?

Post by Markelius »

So I'm not sure of the complexity of this request design wise, but I'll describe it here anyways, since I think having something like this as a feature of the editor would be a life saver.

Basically, I think the region painter map should render a basic heightmap (like the ingame world map) below the colour layer to show the features of the landmass. This would be an incredibly useful feature for landmass mods since with the way things are now, one basically has to guess where their landmass is on the map when painting regions (even if you have all the cell names/numbers this can be troublesome). I also imagine it would be a good feature for large landmass mods since one would be able to easily see where the region borders are and change them on the fly if they needed to without having to check cell names/numbers and the like.

Is there any possibility that this could be added? I know I've wanted this feature in the CS ever since I started working on landmass mods, and I'm sure many others would greatly appreciate it as well.
Zini

Re: Better world map?

Post by Zini »

That is an interesting idea. I can see it happening, but probably not for OpenCS 1.0.