A place for OpenMW mods

Feedback on past, current, and future development.
MacKom

Re: A place for OpenMW mods

Post by MacKom »

Too soon, IMO. I`m a modder, but I can`t even run OMW ATM (insta CTD), so I don`t see any reason to use it yet. ;) IIRC, OMW still has a problem running on 32-bit machines and ATI cards, no?
ezzetabi

Post by ezzetabi »

32 bit machine? It is hardware pre-2005 or so?
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

MacKom wrote:Too soon, IMO. I`m a modder, but I can`t even run OMW ATM (insta CTD), so I don`t see any reason to use it yet. ;) IIRC, OMW still has a problem running on 32-bit machines and ATI cards, no?
Avoiding using it because it crashes and not talking to the devs about why it crashes doesn't help improve OpenMW. Come on man, file some bug reports. We're not Bethesda, we actually care about our user-base. :P

What exactly is going on, what OS, make and model of your setup.
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

MacKom wrote:Too soon, IMO. I`m a modder, but I can`t even run OMW ATM (insta CTD), so I don`t see any reason to use it yet. ;) IIRC, OMW still has a problem running on 32-bit machines and ATI cards, no?
Can we get your OS and some more information? It shouldn't currently be crashing for anyone!
silentthief

Post by silentthief »

perhaps this thread should be broke into 3:
one for website for openmw mods, one for the unfortunate member with a ctd, and one for plug-in conflict detection.

my 2 cents on conflict detection.
wheybags wrote:The user's not an idiot, if they install two overhauls of Balmora, tehy should know it's not going to work.What I'd like to see would be something quite similar to OBMM for oblivion, which I think was better even than NMM.
it is not that simple. the fact is proven by what the MW community made for correcting conflicts such as the need for maintaining specified load order, utilities designed to check mods for conflict, and even mod re-ordering tools (which became MUCH simpler with wrye mash which did all 3). bethesda made minor debug tools such as import/export of gmsts, dialog, and scripts; but what about having a way to export a text file showing what a given mod changes or adds, as a form of debug and conflict detection. any thoughts on this, feel free to say something...

ST