OpenMW 0.24.0

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
Greendogo

Re: OpenMW 0.24.0

Post by Greendogo »

@WeirdSexy: Where is the second one supposed to be?

Edit: Found it, it was "Vivec, Hlaalu Waistworks". Found it by looking at interiors with Comberry bushes.

Anyway, the only thing I can see differently in Vanilla Morrowind for that shot is the lighting:
http://i.imgur.com/xYSGOdw.jpg

Edit 2: The light cast on the walls by the lantern called "light_de_lantern_09_128" flickers sometimes when you walk underneath it (you can see this happening in the "Vivec, Hlaalu Waistworks".
TorbenC

Post by TorbenC »

Greendogo wrote:Edit 2: The light cast on the walls by the lantern called "light_de_lantern_09_128" flickers sometimes when you walk underneath it (you can see this happening in the "Vivec, Hlaalu Waistworks".
Light flickering confirmed.

But also, i've noticed strange light problems when walking near the light above the crates in Balmora (next to Hul the Argonian, the plaza area, on the wall, first crates you see upon entering Balmora through the Silt Strider side of the city.

Can't get a screenie right now or I would.
raevol

Post by raevol »

WeirdSexy wrote:Any idea what might be causing all this?
Acid, probably.
Lazaroth

Post by Lazaroth »

The light flickering has been around for ages. The only way I've found which fixes it (for me at least), is to increase the number of lights in settings.cfg, at the cost of FPS.
Ace (SWE)

Post by Ace (SWE) »

rab wrote:
Ace (SWE) wrote:Sorry for dissappearing again, you should really try to contact me on IRC if I go missing. Anyway, packaged d3dx9_43.dll into the builds for now even though the DirectX web redist installer should've taken care of that.
Thanks. The 32bit version now runs! 64bit doesn't though:

Code: Select all

ERROR: OGRE EXCEPTION(7:InternalErrorException): Could not load dynamic library
C:\Program Files\OpenMW 0.24.0\.\/RenderSystem_Direct3D9.dll.  System Error: %1 is not a valid Win32 application.
 in DynLib::load at B:\Programming\Projects\Ogre\Source\OgreMain\src\OgreDynLib.cpp (line 91)
Could you try removing the D3DX9_43.dll file from your OpenMW install directory and see what happens?
rab

Post by rab »

Ace (SWE) wrote:Could you try removing the D3DX9_43.dll file from your OpenMW install directory and see what happens?
Goes back to the missing d3dx9_43.dll message. Do you need to package a 64bit version of the dll for it to work (the one included is 32bit)?
Ace (SWE)

Post by Ace (SWE) »

The one I packaged into the 64-bit build should be the 64-bit one.
Or Microsoft just decided to stuff the 32-bit DLL into both 64-bit and 32-bit install locations...
Did a md5sum of the files in my system folders and they are identical.

I would give you the one from my DirectX SDK, but it seems like my programming drive is currently experiencing a 100% fault rate for every type of request. (Please don't let it be broken)

Edit:
Got that fixed, try replacing the d3dx9_43.dll file with this one: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/422 ... -win64.dll
(Rename it to match)
raevol

Post by raevol »

Ace, should we finish debugging this before we release?

Also, is the site stable enough for us to release? No reason to pull traffic to a broken website.
rab

Post by rab »

Ace (SWE) wrote: Got that fixed, try replacing the d3dx9_43.dll file with this one: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/422 ... -win64.dll
(Rename it to match)
That one works. Well the game launches at least - there are no textures (there were on 32bit) but that's probably unrelated??? Would attach a screenshot and do some more playing but got to leave for work...
Ace (SWE)

Post by Ace (SWE) »

Anyway, replaced the 64-bit build with a repackaged one. So the old download link should work now.