What www browser you are using?

Not about OpenMW? Just about Morrowind in general? Have some random babble? Kindly direct it here.

What web browser you are using?

Firefox
45%
Chrome
36%
Opera
8%
Internet Explorer
No votes
Safari
2%
Rekonq
2%
qupzilla
No votes
none of above
8%
www browser? What is it?
No votes

Total votes: 53

raevol

Re: What www browser you are using?

Post by raevol »

ezzetabi wrote:I use Firefox because I cannot live anymore without Adblock Plus... But it is the only real reason, a part of that it is inferior to many choices.
There's adblock plus for chrome now. :)
TorbenC

Post by TorbenC »

I use FIrefox.

Reasons, I can't browse the internet without AdBlock Plus, it is a pain in the ass. Now I know that this addon is also available on Chrome, which makes Chrome a viable option for me but there is one other reason; I prefer Mozilla's feel, Chrome seems to... mainstream to me.

Yes I know there are addons to "fix" Chrome's look, etc.... but eh.

Not to mention Firefox is entirely open source.
taknamay

Post by taknamay »

I am using "Abrowser", which is Trisquel's generic branded version of Firefox so that all trademarks are removed.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

TorbenC wrote:\Chrome seems to... mainstream to me.
Hipster... that isn't a "real" reason. Technical merits or gtfo. ;)

Chromium... all the chrome goodness without the branding.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chromium_(web_browser)

Cheers!
TorbenC

Post by TorbenC »

BrotherBrick wrote:
TorbenC wrote:\Chrome seems to... mainstream to me.
Hipster... that isn't a "real" reason. Technical merits or gtfo. ;)

Chromium... all the chrome goodness without the branding.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chromium_(web_browser)

Cheers!
Okay, technically Chrome looks like a pile of shit. :)
Rhys

Post by Rhys »

I use chrome but it pisses me off how accidentally pressing the exit on the browser, will quit completely... no matter how many tabs are open or how many hours you have been downloading a file... it just straight up quits and the download is ruined.

It's like old old days of Blender when they did not have an undo because supposedly you shouldn't make mistakes :D

But chrome is just so fast and interface very minimal.
TorbenC

Post by TorbenC »

Rhys wrote:I use chrome but it pisses me off how accidentally pressing the exit on the browser, will quit completely... no matter how many tabs are open or how many hours you have been downloading a file... it just straight up quits and the download is ruined.

It's like old old days of Blender when they did not have an undo because supposedly you shouldn't make mistakes :D

But chrome is just so fast and interface very minimal.
Firefox is even more minimal imho, also I love being able to close the browser window and still have my downloads going even though Firefox has no windows up. The speed of Firefox is a problem, and the memory leaks.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

It must just be me then, that doesn't seem to have a problem with chrom(ium). I agree about the undo thing in blender, but honestly... when I want something to close, I don't want to click/confirm... I clicked the damn button for a reason, don't give me any lip about being sure. Maybe a compromise of 'are you sure' with a check-box with 'always sure'. ;)

Also... it remembers your tabs, so restarting it is a none-issue. Nothing you can do about your downloads though aside from 'retry' in downloads tab.
Last edited by psi29a on 19 May 2013, 08:32, edited 1 time in total.
Glorfdev

Post by Glorfdev »

I use Firefox (lots of features, innovation, and work for community, not for money), links (when X server crashes), and abaco (amazing plan 9 browser).
Rhys

Post by Rhys »

BrotherBrick wrote:It must just be me then, that doesn't seem to have a problem with chrom(ium). I agree about the undo thing in blender, but honestly... when I want something to close, I don't want to click/confirm... I clicked the damn button for a reason, don't give me any lip about being sure. Maybe a compromise of 'are you sure' with a check-box with 'always sure'. ;)

Also... it remembers your tabs, so restarting it is a none-issue. Nothing you can do about your downloads though aside from 'retry' in downloads tab.
It should have the option for a confirmations, just like it should have the option to disable the new "prettified" right click menu which does not follow standard spacing (probably it's for touchscreen BS).
Chrome keeps pissing me off with stupid little things which should be options along with the world's worst hotkeys (ctrl-shift-o to open bookmarks :!: and ctrl-d to make a bookmark WTF ), yet the url/search bar is soo good the firefox bar does not compare.