OpenMW 0.24.0

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Re: OpenMW 0.24.0

Post by psi29a »

Great job on the 'New Game' ingame... I love it. :) Direct to the intro movie then to the game itself... This will be a 'big' release that actually makes this whole thing playable from the start!

Now... does the launcher pass along the --new-game argument in when you press play? :)
Zini

Post by Zini »

Nope. The launcher does not deal with --new-game. It is not supposed to. --new-game will be used only for debugging from now on (either manually or when launching OpenMW from OpenCS).
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

Then what is the default behaviour of openmw supposed to be?
Zini

Post by Zini »

Once it is fully implemented, the same as MW. We probably need another switch (when firing up OpenMW from the CS) that bypasses the main menu and gets us directly into the game. Once we have a full implementation, using this additional switch would be the only case where --new-game is still coming into play. If we start a new game or load a game from the menu, the --new-game changes are overwritten anyway.
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

I think most of the time you'd want the CS to load a saved game, since you wouldn't want to go through the new game intro every time you test your mod.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Nope. A saved game is not what you want in this case. You typically want to jump to a certain location after your game having been configured in a certain way, depending on what you want to do (god mood, quests advanced to a certain point that you want to test and so on). That can all be done from the CS. No need for saved games.

Edit: Spelling. My spelling it terrible this morning.
Last edited by Zini on 17 May 2013, 09:43, edited 1 time in total.
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

Oh, alright then, makes sense.
Glorfdev

Post by Glorfdev »

I want to inform that I'll be probably much less active until the end of this month. After some tests on launcher, I started to love Qt and decided to learn it. So I think I'll be able to help with editor after that period.
Zedd

Post by Zedd »

Sounds great, polishing those Qt skills. Just what the project needs after all!
Zini

Post by Zini »

We are now about 3 weeks into the development of 0.24.0. Since we won't be able have a proper release before the end of the month anyway we can give it a few more days, but if you have anything non-trivial to be included, you probably should send the pull request now. I will call for the RC builds approximately by the end of the week.