Icons: Current Set

Involved development of the OpenMW construction set.
sirherrbatka

Icons: Current Set

Post by sirherrbatka »

Today I will clean my icons-svg branch, raster vectors and add nomadic icons.
sirherrbatka

Re: Icons: Current Set

Post by sirherrbatka »

Ok, done.

I added icons from nomadic to my branch. Now we need get the rest.

I used pot icon as container, shield as armor.

Currently we have:

actinator.png armor.png container.png ingredient.png miscellaneous.png random-item.png static.png
apparatus.png book.png door.png light.png potion.png repair.png weapon.png

I decided to use 32x32 icon size. Status icons are not rastered because i don't know yet what icon size we should use for it.
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

Exciting, I'm glad this is closer to being done.
Nomadic1

Post by Nomadic1 »

I've got two more made, but I'll post them when I get a few more done with them.
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

Can I ask what icons?
Nomadic1

Post by Nomadic1 »

I've got an anvil (sorry, started making it before you gave me the list), a mortar & pestle, and a ninja monkey. I've also got a weird pokemon monster like thing, but I'm going to do a cliffracer instead.

EDIT: btw, I downloaded the svg icons you made. Some didn't load into Illustrator, but its kinda funny we both did the same thing for potions: a spherical flask with purple liquid. :D
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

that's fine. My anvil required some changes to look clear enough for 32x32 anyway.

I thought about making longcat icon for creature :P But Instead I decided to make hawk head. Ninja monkey is more CS like though.

I will start thinking about top level recrod type icons metaphors since you are doing better then me with referenceable record types anyway :P
Nomadic1

Post by Nomadic1 »

I thought ninja monkey for levelled creature to match what the CS uses but now I see it could work for normal creatures as well. Tricky metaphor here...
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

I think ninja monkey will work as leveled creature. I hope you still have this icon.

Also, Inkscape opens/saves svg files much better then Illustrator. I recommend trying it.
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

A guar would be a nice creature icon too. Pulled this mug shot from the Googs; look at that happy little guy!

Another thing, if someone's not using Morrowind.ESM (say they are making a new game using the OpenMW engine), they won't have access to the Ninja Monkey model, and they'll be using some other model to represent Leveled Lists when placing said lists in the editor. So the Ninja Monkey won't always translate to "Leveled List" icon in the minds of people using the software.