Icons

Involved development of the OpenMW construction set.
sirherrbatka

Re: Icons

Post by sirherrbatka »

This strongly depends if you want to follow my concept of moderatly detailed svg icons or try pixel art.

Currently I would want to work on armor, creature and npc icon. Armor → hoplite helmet, creature → hawk head, npc → simple white silhouette on black background.

Inkscape is easier then it seems thanks to the ability to turn raster image to vector. This way you can get basic shape easily.
PeterBitt

Post by PeterBitt »

It would be good to know if proper vector icons are possible on all systems or not. Anyways I will try both the vector and pixel aproach and will report back with the results - there is some stuff I need to check and maybe I am even able to do that today.

Turning a pixel image into vectors and vice versa is no problem with Adobe Illustrator too. I will check it out and maybe its a good workflow to vectorize a source image, create the icon as vectors, export as pixel image and then tweak the single pixels.
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php/ ... ent=118676
http://kde-look.org/content/show.php/K- ... ent=153738

Here. Example of svg icon set.

Don't bother with rastering svgs. I can easily batch it with imagemagic convert when there will be need for it.
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

I really like those square ones, Peterbitt.
PeterBitt

Post by PeterBitt »

scrawl wrote:Just wanted to link to Nomadic1's icons, they are imo the best ones yet but were posted in another thread so maybe you have not seen them.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1421&start=20#p15224

@sir, wouldn't it be a good idea to close one of the threads and/or merge them.
Why did I even bother with trying to make icons? Those are great and just what sirherrbatka was asking for.
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

I lost track of who posts and where, this topic grew too big too read. Too restore the order I locked the topic. Ave tux!