Icons

Involved development of the OpenMW construction set.
Zini

Re: Icons

Post by Zini »

Sorry, but placeholder icons are a waste of time. If work continues like this we should be able to present an early version of the editor to the public in the not to far future. Not in form of a release, but maybe we can convince WeirdSexy to make a video about it. For that we definitely want proper icons (or none at all).
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

oh well, to be honest I suck at drawning since primary school. I made a simple draft for GMST icon and it looks like this: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2899105/GMST.svg

We need to contact a real artist.
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

We can ask for help over at http://www.pixeljoint.com/. They have a forum section where we can post a help wanted thread.
HiPhish

Post by HiPhish »

Zini wrote:Sorry, but placeholder icons are a waste of time.
OK, I'm not a graphics designer anyway, so you're probably better off with no icons than what i would have made. I just voluteered in case you really needed icons for the editor.
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

Thanks for volunteering anyway, HiPhish!
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

Should I bother to make more icons? Are those good enough?
Zini

Post by Zini »

If you can keep up this quality level and if you can also handle the more difficult ones, I am okay with that.
Okulo

Post by Okulo »

Sorry for disappearing, people. Shit is kind of hitting the fan. My school is nearing its final days so I have to scramble to catch up on any tests I haven't made or other work I still have to do. I guess it is then a mixed blessing to be losing my job at the end of the month. Also soon to come: Moving in with my boyfriend in a different city.
PeterBitt

Post by PeterBitt »

Sorry the thread is pretty big ... whats the required size and color depth again? Will the editor have a bright or dark sheme? Whats the deadline? I think I will give it a try but its not like I have very much free time.
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

whats the required size and color depth again?

Size is not setted in stone at the moment but currently 22x22. Color depth is 24 bit with 8 bit alpha channel (so called 32 bit).
Will the editor have a bright or dark sheme?
Editor will probabbly use QT color settings on linux. I have no idea about Windows,
Whats the deadline?
No matter what is deadline it's clearly deadly short! :lol:
I think I will give it a try but its not like I have very much free time.
I could use some help. I'm really slow with this task and I have different things to do as well.