PR Team for OpenMW

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
Zedd

Re: PR Team for OpenMW

Post by Zedd »

Just wanted to say I don't understand all the commotion about this meme. I really don't want to discuss why it is or why it is not unprofessional, childish or whatever you want to call it. Whoever is offended should realize it's not used to offend anyone and that pretty much is reason enough not to be. I've always been a fan of sirherrbatka's updates for one reason that it's not very professional (no offence herrbatka ;) ). By the way, about the use of meme's, for once i thought it was well used!

Ok, thought I would take the time to post this. Hope I didn't dig this up though.

PEACE!
Br0ken

Post by Br0ken »

It would be nice to update the Moddb and Indiedb pages.
Moddb hasn't been updated for a long time. Indiedb has the announcement of 0.23.0, but for download is available only the old version.
Zedd

Post by Zedd »

The thing is, I've been having trouble getting the updates through, most of them never come online even though I get no notification what was wrong with it. I'm also planning to clean the info because some of it is/was messed up (I changed the development team from OpenMorrowind to OpenMW not so long ago). I've got exams now so it'll have to wait (I'll do the v0.24.0 updates though).
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

@Zedd: I was looking at OpenMW's Moddb page, and I saw the line "You will still need the original game data to play OpenMW." This isn't strictly true, and yes, if you want to play Morrowind using OpenMW, you will need the original game, with the accompanying game data. But if you want to play a game made for OpenMW using all of its own resources, you wouldn't need to own the original game at all.

I think changing the line to something like "You will still need the original game data to play Morrowind using the OpenMW engine." This little change would at least make the engine look more interesting and useful, leaving open the possibility of OpenMW's utility for independent game creation.
Zedd

Post by Zedd »

Indeed, I must have overlooked that when i was cleaning up the pages.