Athletics Research

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
Zini

Athletics Research

Post by Zini »

Don't want to bug everyone with that again, but there is still work to do on athletics still research. We have almost everything implemented now, but we still don't understand how experience is gained in this skill. It would be a shame if this feature would have to be moved to 0.23.0, because the research is falling behind again.
sirherrbatka

Re: Athletics Research

Post by sirherrbatka »

there are 3 values in CS that control athletics skill gain (while swiming, while fast swiming and while running).
Zini

Post by Zini »

Yes, from these values we can determine the amount of skill gain in the usual way. But we don't know when to perform that skill gain.
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

Interesting fact: jumping prevents from progressing athletics skill for a moment after landing. This looks for me like athletic skill grows after a period of constant runing/swiming in vanilla morrowind. I think that this can be actually true since majority of Morrowind gameplay is really simple and basic.
ezzetabi

Post by ezzetabi »

Maybe it is enough to swim against a wall and count the seconds between the increases?
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

I don't think so, since i suspect that it takes more time to increase skill in higher levels.
Zini

Post by Zini »

I don't think so, since i suspect that it takes more time to increase skill in higher levels.
Yes, but that is true for all skills. And we have that covered already. The percentage of a skill you gain each time you exercise that skill is scaled with skill level.
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

yay!

Then it's time to swim on the wall! :D

@ezztabi
So, do you want to do it? ;-)
ezzetabi

Post by ezzetabi »

Really the skill increase is slowed down? I never noticed, it always sounded linear to me...

About swimming against a wall, I need some days. Now I am not at home and I do not have my Morrowind copy.
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

Ok, then I will try to do this. Will simply counting time needed to get level do the job? I think it should.