OpenMW 0.22.0

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
Zini

OpenMW 0.22.0

Post by Zini »

New version, new thread: The number of issues on the tracker is getting way too big for me to go over them one by one. Sorry for that.

Anyway, we are making good progress with the editor and with animation. The editor will definitely not make it into 0.22.0, but the basic animation changes, plus at least one feature making use of them are starting to look like a possibility.

Ideally I would like to return to the monthly releases. But it looks like we will be short on user-visible changes again (beyond the animation stuff), because there just isn't that much left to do before 1.0. Most of the outstanding issues are related to the editor or are bugs or depend on animation being handled first. We will see how it goes.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Re: OpenMW 0.22.0

Post by psi29a »

Not true, I see plenty of eye-candy with the multiple esm/esx support landing in 0.22, even if half-baked. No other Morrowind clone project can claim that.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Funny. I completely forgot about the multiple ESM implementation, even though I have been dealing with it repeatedly over the last couple of days. Okay, forget everything I wrote. This feature alone is sufficient for a release. So, 3-4 weeks to the next RC phase, most likely.
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

hi, what about spellcasting? It is not present on the roadmap.
Zini

Post by Zini »

We need animations first. A while back I have reduced the amount of animation-dependant features in the current roadmap, so I don't have to move over that much stuff at every single release (get annoying quickly) and spellcasting was one of the issues that got moves to the openmw-future target. I think we should go for melee combat first. Once we have that, we can tackle spell casting (probably in 0.23.0.).
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

just animations? I ask because we don't have particles yet, and I'm not sure if it's needed to get spellcasting.
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

It would be a great WierdSexy video to WALK (or run) from the Throne Room in Mournhold all the way to Fort Frostmoth in Solstheim; maybe even touch on some Tamriel Rebuilt mainland. That would really drive home the upcoming animation and ESM support. :D
raevol

Post by raevol »

Greendogo wrote:It would be a great WierdSexy video to WALK (or run) from the Throne Room in Mournhold all the way to Fort Frostmoth in Solstheim; ...
This.... yes. This would be awesome!
pvdk

Post by pvdk »

I can announce that I'm almost finished with implementing the first run dialog.

For this task I needed to rewrite the way settings are handled in the launcher, this might need some polishing but it works properly now. I suspect it will also fix the launcher bug regarding non-latin characters as QSettings and the file dialog used to choke on these.
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

Great job Pvdk, I know you've been working on that one for a while.