Thanks!

Not about OpenMW? Just about Morrowind in general? Have some random babble? Kindly direct it here.
nopoe

Thanks!

Post by nopoe »

As many of you know, I joined up around the new year to try and hunt down a bug that caused the player to stop moving at seemingly random places. I had some rudimentary C++ experience and a month to spare before school started so I started hunting around and eventually found pmove.cpp and started trying to read and understand it. Despite my best efforts, I was never able to find the bug. Upon hearing that pmove needed to be reworked, I instead started working on a new version and finally on MovementSolver, which eventually made its way into Chris' repo.

I haven't done very much for the project. I think only 200 lines of my code will end up being used, but the feeling of contributing is simply wonderful. I'm so pleased that something I worked on has helped the project move forward, even if it is only by a small amount.

I just wanted to say thanks, to all of you. This has been a fantastic experience for me and I hope you got something positive out of it as well.

And don't interpret this to mean I'm definitely gone for good! I might be back sometime this summer or maybe even during this semester if I have good time management. No promises of course; what I work on over summer will likely depend on what sort of crazy project ideas I come up with by then. :D

I'm also going to try to lurk the development forum just to keep up-to-date on how things are going. Good luck and happy coding!

-nopoe
sirherrbatka

Re: Thanks!

Post by sirherrbatka »

Glad you enjoyed yourself, hope that you will find some time soon again.
Zedd

Re: Thanks!

Post by Zedd »

It's good to read you had an amazing experience, don't underestimate the largeness of the work you did here :).
till soon!