Icons

Involved development of the OpenMW construction set.
Zini

Re: Icons

Post by Zini »

We were trying out the GMST icon. I still have an experimental branch for it (though it probably won't make it into master). Once we have figured out how the icons should look, it wouldn't hurt to get them all done, even if we currently don't have anyone working on integrating them into the editor.
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

Then we need to define our color palette, or just stick with tango colors.
Okulo

Post by Okulo »

Oh hey. Just got back from vacation.

Different sizes for the icons? Why would we want that kind of customization? This is a very specific toolset, isn't it?
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

What colors we want to use? Do we use perspective (I really think we should), or we make everything completly flat?
Okulo

Post by Okulo »

22x22 perspective? That can't possibly go wrong. I can apply some shading, but don't expect anything dazzling for that size.
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

it's because it will be difficult to make good looking, clean icon for example potion without perspective.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Seems we are not making much progress here, which is kinda sad, because overall the editor progresses with a satisfying speed.
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

You have the size, and at least one icon, right? Just open it in GIMP and change it a little for each use, just for prototyping. And when you actually get closer to calling the interface done, release some horrifying pictures showing the injustice the temporary icons are doing to your beautiful GUI.

I'm sure, at that point, it'd be easier to get a graphic designer to hunker down and finish the work.

But by all means, I hope someone finishes them for us soon. I thought they were getting done months ago too!
HiPhish

Post by HiPhish »

If you are fine with ugly place holders I could whip up something while you guys do more important stuff. Should I stick with the default 22x22 size? Should I make separate files or one large sprite sheet? Should the icons have padding (i.e. be larger than 22x22)? If it's a sprite sheet should I have padding between sprites? What icons form the first post shoud I make?
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

I would like to at least try make some icons. Although I made mouse pointer and plasma theme with inkscape I still lack skills to make icons so I can't promise hight quality.

about GMST icon. I think that binary icon from old crystal icons makes some sort of sense. https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2899105/binary.png