Example Suite

Discuss and help improve OpenMW's infrastructure: Website, Forums, issue tracker and everything having to do with keeping the lights on with OpenMW.
ElderTroll

Example Suite

Post by ElderTroll »

Under the technical section we should create a subforum for development of the Example Suite.
lgromanowski
Site Admin

Re: Example Suite

Post by lgromanowski »

ElderTroll wrote:Under the technical section we should create a subforum for development of the Example Suite.
Done :)
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

Thanks lgro, we've gotten good use out of it already.
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

lgro, we would like to start organizing the Example Suite subforum into separate sections and sub-forums so that we can keep everything separated. We'd like something in the OpenMW subforum similar to the Tamriel-Rebuilt forums:

OpenMW Example Suite:
========= General =========
(News)
(General Discussion) <= where we'd like all existing OpenMW Example Suite threads, ftm
(Showcase)
========= Development =========
(Concept Art)
(Sound & Music)
(Models & Textures)
========= Claims =========
(Exterior Cells)
(Interior Cells)
(Objects)

The sections denoted by the "=========" would sections, whereas the ones in parenthesis would be subforums.

So could you reorganize the OpenMW like this please? :D
Last edited by Greendogo on 02 Dec 2012, 00:14, edited 1 time in total.
Zedd

Post by Zedd »

So much activity on these forums... I can feel the vibe :D.
lgromanowski
Site Admin

Post by lgromanowski »

Greendogo wrote:lgro, we would like to start organizing the Example Suite subforum into separate sections and sub-forums so that we can keep everything separated. We'd like something in the OpenMW subforum similar to the Tamriel-Rebuilt forums:

OpenMW Example Suite:
========= General =========
(News)
(General Discussion) <= where we'd like all existing OpenMW Example Suite threads, ftm
(Showcase)
========= Development =========
(Concept Art)
(Sound & Music)
(Models & Textures)
========= Claims =========
(Exterior Cells)
(Interior Cells)
(Objects)

The sections denoted by the "=========" would sections, whereas the ones in parenthesis would be subforums.

So could you reorganize the OpenMW like this please? :D
Yes, I will do it today (Sunday) but a bit later.

// EDIT: Done, I will update each forum/sub-forum description if you write it for me.
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

Thanks lgro! I have a few more requests:

1) Could you take the OpenMW Example Suite forum out of the Technical section, as I think this detracts attention from OpenMW (which is more important). I'm not really sure where it would belong, though. Perhaps general, or perhaps its own category. I don't know. Eventually post-1.0 OpenMW will probably attract modders and the like, and they'll need their own area. But I'll leave that decision up to you.

2) Is there a way to make the sub-forums in each of the categories of General, Development and Claims, laid out within the OpenMW Example Suite area so that you can see each sub-forum inside? Just treat the names "General", "Development" and "Claims" as headers, not as actual sub-forum areas. I think it would be a lot easier to read, and to take in the situation at a glance.

3) Could you prevent posting threads in any of the areas that aren't in the bottom-most level of categories. Right now I can post a thread in the OpenMW Example Suite area or in the "General" area. The only places people should be able to post topics is in places like "Concept Art".

Thanks for all the help, I know this probably seems like a pain in the butt, but I think it'll be way easier to read and make a lot of people happier if we take the Example Suite out of technical.

Edit: I'll also be sure to write you a description for each section for you! Sorry, I didn't see that until now!
Last edited by Greendogo on 03 Dec 2012, 12:02, edited 1 time in total.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Could you take the OpenMW forum out of the Technical section
I think you mean the example suite forum, right?
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

Yes, of course. Corrected.

@lgro: If it isn't clear, what I'm trying to convey above in #2 is to have the entire Example Suite selection of sub-forums available on one page, so that you don't have to click into "General" or "Development" or "Claims" in order to see them. The headers "General", "Developement" and "Claims" would just be the words separating each section. If you have any ideas on organization, I'd like to hear them.
lgromanowski
Site Admin

Post by lgromanowski »

Greendogo wrote:Yes, of course. Corrected.

@lgro: If it isn't clear, what I'm trying to convey above in #2 is to have the entire Example Suite selection of sub-forums available on one page, so that you don't have to click into "General" or "Development" or "Claims" in order to see them. The headers "General", "Developement" and "Claims" would just be the words separating each section. If you have any ideas on organization, I'd like to hear them.
Ok, I will change it (in few moments).

// EDIT: Is it ok; viewforum.php?f=25 ?