Apply Poison to Weapons...

Feedback on past, current, and future development.
WeirdSexy

Apply Poison to Weapons...

Post by WeirdSexy »

I made an unfortunate mistake in the last video by telling alchemists they could "fortify their bodies and poison their enemies". It was intended as a bit of figurative language, but I really had forgotten that you couldn't apply poison to your weapons in Morrowind (as in Oblivion and Skyrim). This seems like a fairly reasonable thing to implement. Do you guys think this is (post 1.0) official release material, or is better left to mods?

I quite enjoy making poison arrows and daggers.

Also, I did a search and nothing came up. Sorry if this has been posted before, it seems like it would have been at some point.
Tarius

Re: Apply Poison to Weapons...

Post by Tarius »

I think this would require a change to the engine to apply unless the scripting is vastly expanded.
TorbenC

Post by TorbenC »

Tarius wrote:I think this would require a change to the engine to apply unless the scripting is vastly expanded.
A mod for this has already been made (requires MWSE).
Tarius

Post by Tarius »

TorbenC wrote:
Tarius wrote:I think this would require a change to the engine to apply unless the scripting is vastly expanded.
Ah, than expanded scripting is what it took.
TorbenC

Post by TorbenC »

Tarius wrote:
TorbenC wrote:
Ah, than expanded scripting is what it took.
Indeed :)
tronvillain

Post by tronvillain »

I am not sure Fliggerty ever got poisoned weapons completely working; hopefully, something could be added to alchemy (and whatever else is necessary) post 1.0 to make the implementation (perhaps Skyrim style) a little less difficult.
wix

Post by wix »

the mod for this that requires mwse isn't a real alchemy mod you cant make your own poison via alchemy you have to use poison vials if i remember well that could only give a fix effect on your weapon what does not depend on your alchemy nor your other skills or stats furthermore it could apply fix effect like poison so you cant apply eg damage skill or absorb or fire shock or frost damage i think it would be only possible to be implemented in the engine not in mods via script since you have to get a poison if you make a potion with negative effect