0.47 Framerate stutter, no loss in fps according to counter

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
LongBored

0.47 Framerate stutter, no loss in fps according to counter

Post by LongBored »

Hey all,

I tried searching the forums and reddit but I couldn't find anyone having this problem.

So this is my first time playing tes3, and it seems like openmw is the way to go about it. Already had steam goty edition and installed openmw 0.47. Loving how stable the game is, and the updated graphics and options are fantastic, but I've had a problem with stuttering unfortunately. I'll start with my pc specs:

Windows 10
Ryzen 7 3700x 8 core
Nvidia gtx 1060 3gb
2x 8gb corsair ram
Installed on SSD

Where I'm having my real issue is with framerate stutter. I use the openmw launcher to cap the fps at 60, and usually I get smooth 60 fps. However, sometimes I get bad framerate stutter, where it looks like the game chugs down to ~30fps for a second, but the fps counter does not show any dip in fps. This happens in seemingly random areas, but when I find a spot that stutters, the game will usually stutter in that spot consistently. I have tried messing with the view distance, aa, antistropy, shadows, water reflections, and anything else I could think of but I cannot find a solution. This stutter does not seem to occur on my steam version of morrowind.

I am attaching a photo of the stats/graph brought up with f3 while in a spot that stutters in balmora. I had been panning the camera back and forth to trigger the stutter when I took the screenshot.

I would really appreciate any feedback on this issue, I cannot seem to figure it out myself. Thanks so much in advance.
Attachments
screenshot000.jpg