Misaligned collision on Vivec ramp

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
caiuscosadesonlyfans

Misaligned collision on Vivec ramp

Post by caiuscosadesonlyfans »

Playing 0.47. My character appears to be floating over this ramp in Vivec as the ramp collision I guess is not aligned with where it should properly be. The screenshot is from a few weeks ago (I only just remembered I took it) so unfortunately I don't recall exactly which canton it occurred on, but since I have so few mods installed and it's on a stable release it's likely to be reproducible?
(Sorry it's a little dark)

Mods:
Patch for Purists
UMOPP
Glow in the Dahrk
Morrowind Enhanced Textures
Familiar Faces
Project Atlas
Containers Animated
Weapon Sheathing
SnowyEgrett

Re: Misaligned collision on Vivec ramp

Post by SnowyEgrett »

I believe that the collision on the ramp is alright. The problem is the collisionbox of the PC and NPCs as well. On the sloped surfaces like ramps and staircases it is nicely visible.
I thought it is just little cosmetic annoyance until I tried to leave a hlaalu building from upper exit and got stuck on staircase.
Here are my findings:
In version 0.46 the collision for actors is smaller and rounded. In 0.47 the block is much larger, resulting in difficulties in tight spaces.
It can be replicated with the mesh of ex_hlaalu_b_06 - I used Oran Manor in Suran for testing this.
PC can jump over the wall or just use the door again and leave from another exit, but the NPCs strolling in Suran are bound to get stuck there sooner or later, and the sight of them trying to leave their predicament is just... sad.