[SOLVED] Gentoo Git build

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
Alfred

Re: [SOLVED] Gentoo Git build

Post by Alfred »

Right, they do work - activated by pressing space, not any mouse button - my bad. ;)
werdanith

Post by werdanith »

Alfred wrote: BTW when in Balmora my framerate dropped from a healthy 44 down to 1 - it looks great, but seems almost unusable... :/

EDIT: Interesting, after loading Gnisis I ended up in water, which enabled me to see a strange behaviour: when the console was open, the framerate was ~40 fps, but after turning it off it goes down to 1 - this is particularly visible when in water, because it can clearly be seen swirling (or not).
This sounds like the issue with Bullet. Bullet versions 2.78 and 2.79 have a bug that drops the framerate to 1 in exteriors. Either upgrade or downgrade. You can see an fps display with F10 btw.

Also, anyone who's interested on a list of things you can do at the moment, take a look at the testing page on the wiki.

Edit:
Alfred wrote:Also, I saw the camera "walk" around the map in the video, how to turn that on? I suppose the console can be used for that like in the video, are the commands documented somewhere?
That's 'tcl' in the console. (F1)
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

Thanks for the link, that was exactly what I was looking for! Also, Bullet 2.80 fixed the slowdown problem - I get at least 40 fps everywhere.

I compiled OpenMW with Bullet 2.80, there was a lot of warnings like these:

Code: Select all

In file included from /usr/local/include/bullet/LinearMath/btAlignedObjectArray.h:20,                                                                                           
                 from /usr/local/include/bullet/BulletDynamics/Dynamics/btRigidBody.h:19,
                 from /home/fred/workspace/openmw/libs/openengine/bullet/physic.hpp:4,
                 from /home/fred/workspace/openmw/apps/openmw/mwrender/debugging.hpp:6,
                 from /home/fred/workspace/openmw/apps/openmw/mwrender/renderingmanager.hpp:7,
                 from /home/fred/workspace/openmw/apps/openmw/mwrender/shaderhelper.cpp:2:
/usr/local/include/bullet/LinearMath/btScalar.h: In function 'T* btAlignPointer(T*, size_t) [with T = char]':
/usr/local/include/bullet/LinearMath/btSerializer.h:249:   instantiated from here
/usr/local/include/bullet/LinearMath/btScalar.h:531: warning: unused variable 'ptr'
/usr/local/include/bullet/LinearMath/btScalar.h:531: warning: unused variable 'integer'
But it looks like those are on the Bullet side, so probably no reason for concern...