OpenMW 0.1.3/Windows 7 compatibility.

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
ZafotheNinja

OpenMW 0.1.3/Windows 7 compatibility.

Post by ZafotheNinja »

Hey I installed openmw 0.13 and got this:
Open MW screenshot.zip
OGRE EXCEPTION(7:InternalErrorException): Could not load dynamic library .\RenderSystem_Direct3D9. System Error: The specified module could not be found.
in DynLib::load at B:\Programming\Projects\Ogre\Source\OgreMain\src\OgreDynLib.cpp (line 91)
(16.29 KiB) Downloaded 251 times
BTW: I didn't uninstall 0.12 but it works fine. Does that have something to do with it? In 0.12 it was to dark at night and in buildings. Was that fixed?

PS: Darn attachment sizes
Ace (SWE)

Re: OpenMW 0.1.3/Windows 7 compatibility.

Post by Ace (SWE) »

First check if there is a RenderSystem_Direct3D9.dll file in the OpenMW folder, if there is then you might need to install the DirectX redist http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=35
I meant to include it but since it's an online installer that might lead to other problems.
ZafotheNinja

Post by ZafotheNinja »

Installing direct X 9 alongside 11 got it.

Update: Ok so it worked but, Placing "D3DX9_43.dll" in the directory worked just as well. Sweet the time change in interiors was fixed. But why am i still so short?
Ace (SWE)

Post by Ace (SWE) »

Good to see you got it working, and I take it you're not following the OpenMW twitter account.
Long story short; You're a slug, get over it. ;)
Arg

Post by Arg »

This Direct X upgrade helped me out as well. I tried to include this link on the instruction page for the wiki, however the wiki won't allow me to register. It might help out the curious windows users if this instruction is added.
ZafotheNinja

Post by ZafotheNinja »

hey sorry I was gone so long. No internet and all. Anyway, This solution worked, I think... Is there a designated windows compatibility manager? I just installed 0.17.0 and needed to grab a d3dx9_43.dll that did not come with the redistro of direct x and open mw still won't launch. BTW: any chance of renaming this topic to "Open MW Windows compatibility Troubleshooting"?

Update: Oh... open mw just didn't know where to find my data files... It works fine. BTW: What happened to the textures?