All spells listed as Alteration :(

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
Bodin

All spells listed as Alteration :(

Post by Bodin »

I have most of the mods from https://modding-openmw.com/lists/total-overhaul/ installed.

I was just doing my thing in Seyda Neen, and thought I'd go buy a new spell or too. So, I headed up to Arille's place, and was shocked to see that each and every one he had for sale was listed under the Alteration school. Then, I checked my known spells, and the same was happening there. It worked properly in the beginning of the game.

I'm assuming this is a mod issue. Has anyone heard of this, and know which mod may be causing it?

Thanks.

Edit: I reloaded a save, and it seems to happen after I use destruction spells a few times in a row.
Capostrophic

Re: All spells listed as Alteration :(

Post by Capostrophic »

Sorry, my mistake, an erroneous attempt to optimize spell success chance calculation broke spell school determination. Will fix in a bit.

For the record, this doesn't affect 0.46.0.
Bodin

Re: All spells listed as Alteration :(

Post by Bodin »

Thanks for the reply.

I was having some trouble finding a 46 release, and ended up on getting what I think is the 47 build for windows that came right before the latest one (since I couldn't get the newest one to run). I'll take a closer look through the nightlies thread and try to snag 46--thanks again, and btw, loving the engine so far!