[Solved] Annoying NPCs attacking me

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
Calibration

[Solved] Annoying NPCs attacking me

Post by Calibration »

I don't know whether this is an openmw issue or a mod issue, but I thought I'd start here.

In my last two games (openmw 0.45 and now the latest nightly) I am frequently getting attacked on sight by NPCs in several towns. Currently I have just started a new character and have been Balmora less than one day and two identical looking NPCs have just ran across town to attack me. It is a bit annoying and I don't recall this behaviour in earlier versions of openmw or in the vanilla game I played years ago.

I have some mods which alter some towns but not a universal mod like Morrowind Comes Alive which introduces lots of NPCs. I could post my mod list but I don't think any of them are supposed to do this.

Any ideas or pointers?

Cheers
Last edited by Calibration on 15 Jul 2019, 21:50, edited 1 time in total.
claudekennilol

Re: Annoying NPCs attacking me

Post by claudekennilol »

What's the ID of the NPC that's attacking you? (open up the console (hit `~`) and then click on the NPC). All vanilla NPCs are listed here https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:People. But just because it is/isn't on that list doesn't mean it's not another mod that's causing this. Chances are if they're two identical NPCs then it's a mod.
Calibration

Re: Annoying NPCs attacking me (SOLVED)

Post by Calibration »

I solved it. I'd forgotten I had Starfires NPC additions mod and that is where they are coming from. Shame.

Thanks for your help anyway.